Need Help Deciding on what to use to build up a L20b or L16

Suspect

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So far it would cost me $290 to get it to my house including $40 for shipping.

save your $$$

i have an A87 peanutCC ported to 1.5"

needs minor machine to work to fix #2. no cam/valve train (can include a set of stock for free) $90 + ~$25 to ship.

PM for pix

well, we do all datsun/nissan heads. we have tons of heads on the shelf ready to build. depends on the casting number and or style you want. we have L16, L18, L20, L24, L28, Z20, Z22, Z24, aswell as the new stuff; KA24E, KA24DE, CA18DET, SR20DE, SR20DET.... we do them all! as a matter of fact, today i assembled a fully ported and polished Z24 head with a competition valve grind, aluminum phosphurus bronze guides, and viton seals! now it just sits on the shelf awaiting a buyer....

you can check us out online @ http://www.aluminumheads.com

well, we do all datsun/nissan heads. we have tons of heads on the shelf ready to build. depends on the casting number and or style you want. we have L16, L18, L20, L24, L28, Z20, Z22, Z24, aswell as the new stuff; KA24E, KA24DE, CA18DET, SR20DE, SR20DET.... we do them all! as a matter of fact, today i assembled a fully ported and polished Z24 head with a competition valve grind, aluminum phosphurus bronze guides, and viton seals! now it just sits on the shelf awaiting a buyer....

you can check us out online @ http://www.aluminumheads.com

charlie you guys do good work a guy i know had you guys weld up a cracked mitsu 2.6-t head and it turned out awsome.

suspect-- do you like engines with lots of torque or an engine that will rev high?

DISLEXICDIME

I do like torque and high revs. I've done a V8 Swap in a S-10 pickup but I'm not going to cut any of my Datsuns to take a shortcut like that, even though it would be effective. What do you have in mind?

• 1 month later...

You can usually go 4mm overbore from stock bore. The z22 block is basically the same as a l20b with the exception that it's NOT fully counter balanced crank like l20b... Also which z22? I think you better go start doing some research... There's TONS of info about l-series building. I hate to burst your bubble though... It would be cheaper to drop in a ka24e and more power and torque...

• 5 months later...
  • 5 years later...