With only a dime and a dream.

DatMo

• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

well i put in my new starter and my floater broke so i was letting the car sit for awhile.

I'm really excited for my swap.

I think I'm going to do a gun metal gray bay with a mint green valve cover and I'm also havign weird issues.

It feels like my e-brake is on when i drive and I get the smell but the break is off.

then the car sometimes starts right up and then sometimes not. ( in even conditions )

how do you guys connect your radio by the way? 

• 2 months later...

Been driving the dime and appreciating it for what it is.

Just want to say thanks to anyone who helped with this build because I went into it knowing very little and I still don't know enough but it's improved from my noob days. lolol

Thanks to Tristin, Flat, Mods, r0po and if i forgot your name sorry but thanks to you too! :thumbup: 

I also haven't done mods because I want to make my 620 a bit better to suite me for my daily but undoubtedly, I will swap with an l20b or sr depending on what I feel I'm able to complete.

This will be in a long time when money is not tighter than asian pussy, hahah :rofl:

I'm also having idling problems and my idle seems to go up after a bit every now and then but I realized the bolt holding down my idle screw was loose.

I'm not sure how to tighten it since nothing fits in that small space. 

my oil light randomly comes on occasionally when I start up my car as well.

It does this in my 620 as well but stays on in the 620. 

There is a tool or device you can use to help you tune the carbs. I believe it is called something like a flowmeter. I can't remember but I have one at the house and have never had a chance to use it because I haven't put dule carbs on yet. When igegback home this weekend I will try to find it and post a pick of it. My MG fanatic friend in Gulfport, MS turned me onto it.

There is a tool or device you can use to help you tune the carbs. I believe it is called something like a flowmeter. I can't remember but I have one at the house and have never had a chance to use it because I haven't put dule carbs on yet. When igegback home this weekend I will try to find it and post a pick of it. My MG fanatic friend in Gulfport, MS turned me onto it.

I'm aware of how to tune my carbs but the idle screw itself will not stay in place...

I'm glad I was of some help to you on your build man, we need to chill soon and cruise  :thumbup:

We NEED to get that cruise going.

I just finished the truck and finally using it as a daily as it should be so soon would be good!

• 1 month later...

Damn man, hope you're ok. Sorry to hear about the car. There are a few more around to start over as sh!tty as that sounds as long as you're good and can reap some back from the guy who hit you.

So sorry to hear man... how are YOU? Rushed to the hospital doesn't sound good.

I'm alright. shattered wrist and my hands probably never gonna be much anymore. at lease it was my left.

That sucks man, as long as you're OK you will find another Datsun.

found a 280z. but no car is gonna be like crystal. i don't want anyone to build that dime. ever. i know it sounds dumb but that was my reason through my depression and crap.

Damn man, hope you're ok. Sorry to hear about the car. There are a few more around to start over as sh!tty as that sounds as long as you're good and can reap some back from the guy who hit you

I'm alright. but i dont wanna reap or money, just wish my dime was still here. but life goes on

• 4 weeks later...

Here it is.

Well if you're local around la area and want some 68 parts, shoot an offer. I'd greatly appreciate the help,

In real financial shit now (:

turns out to be a lot of bondo on my passengers fender. 

the rear has no bondo though and a is pretty good.

I'm selling body panels to bits and pieces.

DSC_0300_zps6dec2e4d.jpg

DSC_0301_zps8305f795.jpg

DSC_0302_zpscae9c19c.jpg

DSC_0307_zps7c62032a.jpg

IMG_20140709_095811_zps247af5d8.jpg

Here it is.

Well if you're local around la area and want some 68 parts, shoot an offer. I'd greatly appreciate the help,

In real financial shit now (:

turns out to be a lot of bondo on my passengers fender.

the rear has no bondo though and a is pretty good.

I'm selling body panels to bits and pieces.

DSC_0300_zps6dec2e4d.jpg

DSC_0301_zps8305f795.jpg

DSC_0302_zpscae9c19c.jpg

DSC_0307_zps7c62032a.jpg

IMG_20140709_095811_zps247af5d8.jpg

Damn kid, that's a good one.