My '72 1200

LAYEDOUTB2K

here i go again, another datto to my collection. i had seen this 1200 sitting by my parents house for a couple weeks until i just saw a for sale sign in the window. i talked to the guy and he started it up for me. it idled a little rough but i could smell old gas out the exhaust. he said if i had $100 i could have it. we towed it to my parents house up the street and drained the gas and put fresh stuff in. spark plugs were fouled so i cleaned them out and drove it home. everything feels really solid in the car. all the fluids are fresh including brake and clutch. it has no engine noise and feels pretty nimble around corners. definitely a good buy for the price, hell i even drove it to work today.

P1020224.jpg

ill get some more pics soon

• Like 1
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

im gonna try to get some pics after work but my main concern right now is getting rid of the ant farm living in it. ive found mice and hornets nests in other cars ive pulled out of fields but this is the first time ive seen that many ants in a vehicle. it makes me itch thinking about it everytime i get out of the car.

Looks like a deal to me! If the tank would have been full of fresh gas it would've been worth twice as much:D. Grille looks pretty good and the car looks really complete. Those brackets for a tow bar? By the looks of the bumper it wasn't for a cop-style push bar.The vinyl tops aren't that common. Is it savable?

it looks like it was a tow bar on it because its wired in the front for the tailights. the top actually looks like its painted on but i havent looked at it too closely. everything is real complete on it, even the inside. it is missing a glovebox, pass window. the front bumper is pretty screwed up from what looks like they towed it by wrapping a rope around the bumper. it has 240z seats in it too.

well, i got some more pics. over all the car is in great shape, it needs a real good cleaning though and i picked up a buffer from a co-worker today so ill be busy on it this weekend.

P1020267.jpg

P1020265.jpg

it looks like someone towed it with a rope around the bumper.

P1020262.jpg

P1020271.jpg

is this a block heater? it has a cord that goes to the front of the car.

P1020272.jpg

P1020263.jpg

P1020264.jpg

P1020269.jpg

P1020270.jpg

P1020268.jpg

no, that battery was layin around the shop, it had no battery. that would be pretty sweet to drop a ca18 in it down the road, i noticed those things fit like a glove under the hood. for now im just gonna keep it simple and put on some wheels and lower it.

the paint did really shine up nice but it also made the dents and real thin spots in the paint show up. the blue in the previous pictures was painted over the original paint so i had to wet sand through it. there still is a few spots i need to work on but after over 10 hours into it, i said :fu: to the rest until later. and no those dark spots arent from me wetsanding it, it took so long because i was making sure i didnt make em worse. enjoy

P1020284.jpg

P1020279.jpg

P1020278.jpg

P1020280.jpg

P1020276.jpg

P1020277.jpg

mentioned in another thread that the 1200 and the 620 use the same guages, I was noticing the heater cover(held on with the four clips) sure looks similar to the 620.

Jason

did some 620s come with a factory tach in that hole on the left? if so, will it be a direct hookup in the 1200?

gawd that 1200 will run forever :D

yeah, it sure does purr, even with real old plug wires, cap, rotor, etc. itll all change tomorrow and im even thinkin about drivin it to canby along with the 320 just for the hell of it. i got some wheels for it too, just lookin for some cheap tires now. and i started on a rising sun gas door on it for some ratsun styling.:D