What I'm working with!

uberkevin

Heat shrink tubing is great in short pieces it is to stiff for long runs. 

Uber look into this please.

http://vintageconnections.com/

On the right side is a yellow button for sleeving and wire wrap (No sticky)  I use the black wrap and seal the ends with heat shrink tubing.  This is where I buy all my vintage Japanese connections.

• Like 3
  • Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Heat shrink tubing is great in short pieces it is to stiff for long runs.

Uber look into this please.

http://vintageconnections.com/

On the right side is a yellow button for sleeving and wire wrap (No sticky) I use the black wrap and seal the ends with heat shrink tubing. This is where I buy all my vintage Japanese connections.

I love this place. I hope to buy the tail light plugs from them.. but they are like 8 bucks each hahah. I spent about 30$ hear yesterday on heat shrink...
  • Like 1

I was just there today. I received no tarp.

I bet if you complained about not getting a tarp they give you a second screwdriver set! Who doesn't need multiples of screwdrivers you can barely use?

• Like 4

Got some good news the other day...

I about to park at costco when I noticed my manager walking out.. ran over to talk with her and she told me she got the OK to hire back two people.. so I should be getting back on at costco soon.. and I don't think I'll be making chicken anymore... just ready to bake/eat foods...

So that's nice... probably should have filed for unemployment.. but eh. Tits all good!

Might put a damper on things I'm trying to do in March...

Also as soo as I gt back on I'll be asking for the second weekend in June off. Maybe 3 days.. I try to get days off around my other two days off the week. That why it kinda like I'm not as gone for as long.. Idk haha

• Like 4

And doing this help so fucking much.

Yes it took me a few hours to do the amount I did but again it helped me out.

I'm thinking I'll finish it. Make it WAY nicer for some people in the future to use.

newnew.png

(This is very rough draft!! I was able to use it cuz I made it) there are a few mistakes, and a few things i did different on colored striped wires.

Like I said I hope to fix this and help other people.

• Like 3

Knowing the grounds helped the most.

I got to thinking tho, couldn't I just ground everything that needs to be... there are 10 grounds on the computer pinout.. some get grounded to the motor and some dont.. wonder why.. could I just put every ground to the body? In one big bundle of ground wires?

• Like 2

Not sure what that means.

You don't seem to know if the ECU is turning a circuit on/off via the positive side or the ground side.  You can't assume that you can just tie all those ECU grounds together, not knowing if the ECU uses them to switch a circuit on/off.  Here's an unrelated but straightforward situation where something switches/controls the ground side: most windshield wiper motors.  Wiper motors generally have power to them at all times and the wiper switch connects/disconnects the ground to the wiper motor.  This way the wiper motor still has power to run and complete its cycle to the park location when you turn the wipers off.

I don't know if this is the case for you, since I really don't want to study a wire diagram unrelated to my own projects, but it's worth thinking about.  Also, some sensors are fairly precise and it's better for the ECU to meter them off of its own wiring, including the ground.  There are voltage drops to/from every component of a vehicle and if you change the power/ground to something different than what the ECU is tuned for, then the ECU may see a higher/lower voltage drop than expected and it will change how the ECU computes...

• Like 4

If you run all the grounds to one place and one goes bad they all go bad.. Probably why they use multiple grounds for each circuit ..

Anyways,,, i noticed you called a little bit ago but i was trying to move some of that crap outta the big garage.

• Like 1