uberkevin

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...

Alright guys i haven't done much of anything to the Datto.

DSC_0036_zpsaa6a027e.jpg

But i got her in the garage! after getting the Mothernlaws Trans Am out 'Shes had this thing since High Schoo!!'

DSC_0037_zpsedccdd3d.jpg

With MasterChief in here I know I'll get down and dirty on her. Haha  :w00t: 

Ive been stuck Ratsun folk I have a shit job that I don't even call a job, im lucky if i get 15 hours a week and I'm losing money...I know I must 

move to Olympia about this time next year and I have no where near half the moneys I need, I'm beyond stoked about moving to Olympia

with the 521 and the girlfriend but I must make more moneys. 'must never sell the Datto and never will'  I do side jobs of course to try to make some but that

doesn't cut it. And Fucks that I talk to say they can help get a job but never do.. :sweat: :sweat:

Just gotta get more APPS i guess...

Lucky I have all I need for MasterChief

Also got this from a guy in Australia for 150 buck shipped..

I was told he had this set up about 5 months ago on an l18 and were running. told me to clean them up.

I'm not to sure what I got here to be honest, what I mean is does it look like im missing anything for them? I trust the

guys word but I also know people..

DSC_0023_zpscfce7b56.jpg

DSC_0022_zps899e555b.jpg

DSC_0021_zps157653fb.jpg

Depends on the application...the "twist throttle" can be cut off and a Hitachi carb trunnion can be welded in it's place, as I did

Utilizes a stock throttle cable....no bar from firewall

Mine are pulling from the bottom because they are 46s....was easier to retrofit that way than pulling from the top of the IM

Different setups

PC210024.jpg

I made my own setup with what you have there.

You can see on the back of the pulley, what is left of the twisty part, I cut off the ears that had the holes and then mounted the pulley on the end of the twisty.

DSCN0390.JPG

Here is the other side with the bolts, I threaded the twisty side, I also drilled that throttle pulley for the throttle cable, as it is actually a hangglider part.

DSCN0392.JPG

The throttle cable mount is just a 90 degree bracket that I just twisted around till it fit what I needed.

DSCN0395.JPG

The throttle bracket mount and you can see that I cut one side of the pulley to allow the throttle cable end into the hole I drilled.

DSCN0398.JPG

DSCN0400.JPG

It has worked issue free for over 15 years.

Look on carbs at the wrecking yards, sometimes they have the parts you need, and they just unbolt from the carb, I made that back in the 90s before I knew where to look for parts myself.

You can quite likely buy what you need also, you just have to find out where, and someone on ratsun does know where.

Wayno, what cars or trucks should I check out?

Shit yeah eBay if I can't find one.

I've been meaning to buy this complete 520 dash

No radio but an awesome delete plate! Dude at the junk yard wants 50 or 60 bucks.. I just can't just spend money for no reason....... but its for the datto.... and its prrretty...

I'll keep ya'll informed!

Wayno, what cars or trucks should I check out?

Shit yeah eBay if I can't find one.

I've been meaning to buy this complete 520 dash

No radio but an awesome delete plate! Dude at the junk yard wants 50 or 60 bucks.. I just can't just spend money for no reason....... but its for the datto.... and its prrretty...

I'll keep ya'll informed!

That's a deal for a 520 dash if complete, and then you get the delete plate for free, I would jump on that now.

Look for what you need on all the older stuff with downdraft carbs, fact is I bet even EFI setups have what you need, just look at everything.

Look for something like this below, a lot of vehicles are going to have stuff that looks like this.

DSCN1320.JPG