What I'm working with!

uberkevin

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The head gasket I replaced years back. Maybe 8 years ago. 

But yeah this is my clutch disc making its way out of my transmission.. 

Crazy part about it is I didn't hear a thing! Just al a sudden... pedal to the floor.. pulled it back up with my foot and pumped it a few times... nothing.. 

First I thought oh, slave must have went.. but it was still holding pressure so that wasn't it.. I took a closer looks as my wife pushed in the clutch pedal and as I take off the air filter housing (the slave is under the cover) there was this hole.. 

So I'll pull the trans. Hope the transmission is okay if so I'll just replace the clutch.. and weld the hole.. I was able to find a large piece of the trans.. lol. 

Fun times. 

14 minutes ago, NC85ST said:

Wow!

You're telling me! 

Some how my wife an I didn't hear a thing. I just hope my transmission is okay. I had a problem with the main shaft sleeve, years back when my bearing basically melted and broke the sleeve. 

I'll have to find the photo of the bearing it was fucked! 

Isn't that called a 'puck' clutch disc?

Hows the flywheel look? Been broken for a long time. Were the rivets worn into it?

Was driving a Fiat diesel one time and after a long down hill I stepped on the gas an the engine just revved up. The center broke out of the disc with no warning, no sound.

2 hours ago, datzenmike said:

Isn't that called a 'puck' clutch disc?

Hows the flywheel look? Been broken for a long time. Were the rivets worn into it?

Was driving a Fiat diesel one time and after a long down hill I stepped on the gas an the engine just revved up. The center broke out of the disc with no warning, no sound.

Flywheel needs resurfaced but isn't to bad. Pressure plate is okay too. 

The puck just happened to find the only way out. 

This clutch definitely had a bite to it at the beginning but it was something you got used too. 

• 6 months later...
On 4/23/2023 at 5:39 PM, uberkevin said:

IMG_20230423_163759_074.jpg

Getting there. 

My mother'n law found this handy little steemer, making things go well. Also using so double sided tape.

I dunno how the heck you made this work. Try and steam and stretch as I might I just end up with either a giant wrinkle or a big poofy hollow spot in this area of the tunnel. Pretty sure I’m even using the same carpet you did. Just inept, I guess.