uberkevin

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

521 Lz2.3 drive:

Funny thing is I live in the middle of nowhere and when I decided to drive the truck and take a video there's 4 people walking down the street... didn't wanna be a dick and fly pass them.. we all no each other. Live on the same block. You know more driving tomorrow.

I've got a bad thing with rads. Never had a good one. Even that champion I had leaked. So I need one. Again, this one is leaking in a few spots. Small leaks.

• Like 1

get a KOYO 510 rad if you got money.

get a quiet turbo muffler. Not a stariaght thru or glass pack or a flowmaster

queit is the way to go.

I ran only a 1.75 size pipe on my 521. To a Dynomax"super turbo". now wish I a ran a true 2 to 3 chamber turbo muffler or even a stock type muffler..

Every time I start up the neihboor cat comes over and eats my cats food. hears the truck start up matter of fact thats how the neihboors know what time to leave. They hear my truck every morning

nice Y pipes . save them or get more if you can. 521 spec that is, for the torsion bar. 510 ones are different I think

I'll keep the rad in mind. With me moving to oly I haven't really any moneys to spend. And still need to pick up a job fast over in oly.

Yeah I'll forsure get a nice muffler too, last thing I had was the cherrybomb glass pack and damn was I told all the time ny truck was to loud. I didn't give to Shits but now that I'm going to be living next to people that may or may not like the datsun. I better make it so they like it...

No matter what she loud however..

oh and maybe don't keep your cats food ooutside.

Clutch slipping??? Nah that thing is barn new. Maybe it was my driving you heard. What noise at what time did you feel you heard the 'clutch' in the video. Exhaust is at my feet in the videos so that was stopping my hearing some bit. I used the 720 collar/bearing and fork with new l20b clutch set from Esty. No that's not the name.. what's the namme??? I forget. Also flatcat is a member here.

So let me get the straight. You know your neighbors cat is getting in your house and eating your cats food? Cat/dog door? Human letting the cat in??

Change food.. give neighbors cat diarrhea..

but!

May shit in your house.

Think I blew the rear seal in my tranny just a few minutes ago on a drive.. Oil going everywhere.

I thought I changed that outta there. But it could have been the 4x4 tranny I had... just can't remember.. Shit I hope it's just that, pretty sure it wasn't leaking yesterday. And I didn't drive yesterday.

• 2 weeks later...

So i need some shims for the rear end.

More info about what my problem was. http://nwdatsuns.com/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=77&start=1020.

It looks like I've gotta wait tell the 26th or 27th for my truck. 'I moved to Olympia'

We weren't able to fit all our stuff the first trip if we packed the truck. Knowing I needed to go back for the iguana, snakes and other animals this was the easiest way. That way I can get the parts I need '521 radiator, motor mount, shims'. Ill have that stuff soon. Then once I get the truck here I'll get the shit in and drive on down to an exhaust shop and alignment shop.

Bingo bango! My DD is back........ in two fucking weeks..

Think I've got a good paying job, I'll find out more tomorrow..

Oh drove around town dropping off some resumes. Guess I passed Jrocks shop. Didn't have time to stop and chat or fap on his truck but damn, that thing is sweet!!! Maybe I'll drop one off there.. Once I get the truck here. Haha.

Anywho. I wait.. I'll step up my tool game.

Could use a bigger tool box but don't wanna spend a ton.

• Like 1

Really sucks not having my truck!

I'll have it next weekend but still, I've got stuff I could be doing to it but nooooo I've got jack shit to do and it sucks.

Don't have interwebs tell Monday.. doing job apps on a phone isn't the easiest thing to do. So I've been doing it the old fashion way, hoping it works out better this way..

I'm not a sales person!

I just want to work on my truck! Or help someone else on their datsun.. I'm already thinking of other motors to build for my non existing other datto. Haha.

Loaded up most all my stuff from the garage in the back of the 521. Got in the tri cities, got home, started the truck.. it took holding the chokes up for a minute or so of course but shit sounded GREAT! I took a video but it doesn't wanna upload. 

I'll be getting the truck in the trailer tomorrow I'll take a picture then. I was able to pick up a 521 radiator, motor mounts, nice fan for a fan clutch then realized I wasn't using a clutch fan, so I need a four blade fan. I'll pick that up once I get back to olympia. 

Thanks Tdaaj for the 521 stuff!

• Like 2