What I'm working with!

uberkevin

For the people that don't know the on the right is a 4 speed. Almost the same as the stock 521 but its not. I forget the year but I'm pretty sure it's from a 510.

Picked it up off cl when my stock 4 speed got stuck in 4th gear. It a little bit longer then the 521 tranny. A little. Haha.

The tranny on the right is an 82 720 I wanna say. Forsure 720 haha

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So this isn't my truck but earlyvws's a member here. Just using the picture, hope you don't mind.

2014-08-28%2019.41.59_zpsaqv5pbpr.jpg

BUT what's the best way to replace the bushings in red?

They are easy, just remove the nut/bolt and they will come right out, put the new ones in and insert and tighten the nut/bolt.

Sometimes they have been in there so long that the bolt gets rusted to the bushings, it can be so bad that one needs to pound the bolt out, or even cut it out, but it's just a bolt holding them in there.

Small leak is an even smaller leak now. Oh also THE BITCH STARTED!! :D :D :D :D

I know I have a small down tube gasket problem so I'll be fixing that and getting the thermostat gasket shit figured out maybe the housing is all jacked up and I didn't notice.. I'll see what I can do about a video :)

exhaust system isn't hooked up. Also gotta bang out a u joint and fit the 720 slip yoke onto the 520 one piece.. never done one.

Haha no dice Wayno I was pretty stoked hearing it run for the 15 seconds it was..

Today I hammered out the ujoint to put the 720 slip yoke onto the 520 one piece. Since the ujoint is bran new, I just reused the one I had put on a few week back at a shop. Ha. However i bent one of the U clips so I'll be getting a new ujoint. Haha

Haha no dice Wayno I was pretty stoked hearing it run for the 15 seconds it was..

Today I hammered out the ujoint to put the 720 slip yoke onto the 520 one piece. Since the ujoint is bran new, I just reused the one I had put on a few week back at a shop. Ha. However i bent one of the U clips so I'll be getting a new ujoint. Haha

Use one of the old clips from a week ago when you changed it out.

That's what I ended up doing..

Had to clean the garage to find them.

Stuck the one piece under the truck and it fit great! Bolted on I decided to lift the rear and start the truck, Wheels spin!! :D I've got an oil leak from the oil cooler sandwich plate so I've gotta fix that. Other then the small oil leak I've gotta redo my exhaust. I'm not using the same exhaust that I was I've got a ribbed mani and a different down tube that's a bit shorter then mine.

I'm putting a different down tube on today.

It's flatcats. It's what I was using before,

right now this down tube is cut to short. And points just about at the ground and I can't find an adapter thats an 1in to 2ins.. haha.

In the video it was sitting about 10° tdc just timimg it with a light right now. I then moved to 12° and it brought the idle way down. I'll be installing a tech once I get some wire. Here are some pics.

20140903_122223_zpsg4nmnzvf.jpg

20140903_122204_zpsjseaqpzg.jpg