Racin the Z

datrod

Took the Z out and did a little auto x yesterday. Man it's been a long time since my last autoX. I put a new diff in Wow what a differense. I was running a 4:63 gear now I have a 4:38 came in 2nd in class. Got killed by a badass vette. We did fun runs after and I was able to knock off another 4 seconds off my time. Gotta go out again soon.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 seconds! Nice! I did my first AX in a year a few weeks ago and really stunk it up. I had CDs on my first 2 runs, then the third I had a decent time but blew the lower rad hose when my alternator cut a hole in it. I decided to do more AX this year....probably make me a better road racer in the end.

did you buy these gear ratios from Nissan?

No I picked them up from a friend. Classic Datsun motorsports. Down here in vista. There not that easy to find.

4 seconds! Nice! I did my first AX in a year a few weeks ago and really stunk it up. I had CDs on my first 2 runs, then the third I had a decent time but blew the lower rad hose when my alternator cut a hole in it. I decided to do more AX this year....probably make me a better road racer in the end.

Ya, the next time Dan comes down you should come with him. We can go tear up willow.

That is certainly the plan....we are both in "upgrade" mode right now. Hopefully by the time the weather gets better (not hellishly hot) we will be ready. You guys should make the trip to PIR sometime also, very fun and fast!

its been awhile for me too. they closed the airport where i go, becasue they turned it back into an airport. so they found a new airport luckily, and its closer to my house. so now i can go again. i really need slicks tho, i got cheapy tires.

What size wheels are you running? I have 15x7 Fronts and 15x7.5 rears. I am about to install my first set of Hoosier Cantilevers. I have been running kumho v -700. I hope to see improved grip and braking.

What size wheels are you running? I have 15x7 Fronts and 15x7.5 rears. I am about to install my first set of Hoosier Cantilevers. I have been running kumho v -700. I hope to see

16X10 with 265-45-16 kumo V710's next set will be a hoosier 275-45-16. I have no H.P. But I can go way deeper into a corner with them big ass tires.

• 2 weeks later...

I'll be taking the Z out to fontana this weekend. auto club speedway.

( Auto X )

Any of you locals want to come out I'll take ya for a spin. Bring a diaper you might need it.:lol:

I drive bo duke style