"The Keeper"

Bob3

some cherry fenders.

blocked em out today.

0918121020_zpsa320fdee.jpg

right side should only need one more prime and the left side maybe two and there ready for paint.

0918121701_zpsd6538cb2.jpg

started on the door.

only a few small dents to fix.

0918121703_zpsae7f87b5.jpg

and mirror holes to weld up.

0918121707_zps77845df5.jpg

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When you use the paint stripper to that extent (ie underside of the hood), how do you ensure that you have removed all of the residual stripper, once done? Do you wash the body & the sheetmetal parts down? With water? Do you just count on cleaning it really good by hand before primer & paint? I haven't used stripper in many years, and never to that extent!

Yes we wash everything with water and scotch brites,

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am trying to choose a color. It took me three weeks to do this when I did the MX520. This is the worst part for me . . . :sick: . . . I lose sleep over these decisions. :yawn:

I will have a decision by Monday.

I hope! :huh:

When I built my 98 240SX, I knew I wanted a dark metallic blue, but couldn't decide. I had already purchased a new carbon fiber & dark blue kevlar weave hood. Sitting at my shop, about 5:30pm, I see my buddy pull up out front in a Porsche Boxster (dealer car), and thought, "That is such a girlie car!!" (sorry, never liked Boxsters). As I chuckled to myself, I noticed the evening sun gleaming off of the passenger side of the car, and thought "Wow, that's a nice..........holy crap.......BLUE!!". I grabbed my new hood, and ran outside with it, almost knocking my buddy over, carefully leaned the hood up near the car, and let the sunshine do its thing! Porsche Lapis Blue, which flips to a purple in certain light. Simply killer. :thumbup:

98240sx2.jpg

98240sx1.jpg

When I built my 98 240SX, I knew I wanted a dark metallic blue, but couldn't decide. I had already purchased a new carbon fiber & dark blue kevlar weave hood. Sitting at my shop, about 5:30pm, I see my buddy pull up out front in a Porsche Boxster (dealer car), and thought, "That is such a girlie car!!" (sorry, never liked Boxsters). As I chuckled to myself, I noticed the evening sun gleaming off of the passenger side of the car, and thought "Wow, that's a nice..........holy crap.......BLUE!!". I grabbed my new hood, and ran outside with it, almost knocking my buddy over, carefully leaned the hood up near the car, and let the sunshine do its thing! Porsche Lapis Blue, which flips to a purple in certain light. Simply killer. :thumbup:

So you know what I'm talking about. It's a tough decision! You got it right, looks great!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Been gathering parts for this build.

BOOM!

carbs.jpg

and thanks to "denveratsun" aka Kyia for pulling the front struts & 5 speed from a '79 280zx for me today!

79280zx.jpg

• Like 1