• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well all I can add to this is PERFECTION TAKES TIME 

I was hoping bob3 would have another bad ass dime 

he will just buy a finished one down the road 

the new owner will be lucky to have this when completed just be patient as james dose fantastic work but it takes time  

• Like 1

Interesting enough,

Bobs been talking about buying a painted car from Vic and I for over 3 years, but does not have the patients to wait 2 years once he commits to buying and picking a color.

I was willing to wait DOUBLE the promised time.

I even waited TRIPLE the promised time.

I never agreed to two years. Where did that come from?

Like I said earlier, I'm not upset about this. I'm not even upset that I lost $750 due to the car not getting done in a reasonable amount of time. I feel that waiting triple the time quoted for the job is reasonable on my part. In fact I think it is generous on my part that I haven't been burning up James to get it done. It was difficult at times when I see other cars being worked on, built and painted while the one I paid the 50% deposit on just sat!

I hope the new owner is happy with the car once he gets it. I'm sure he will be. 

• Like 2

What are you gonna collect in BMWs? I have a really, really clean E36 M3. My buddy in town has seven, beginning with a cherry Isetta "limo" up through 2002Tii, a couple of 3.0 coupes and M3s, well, you get the idea.  Are you planning to let many of your Datsuns go, Bob?

Difficult situ with the Datsun, guys. Sorry to see the deal go south for you two. 

The Keeper does some of the best work i've seen ,  his attention to detail is number one, I think if he wanted it bad enough he should of waited or talked to him about the finished car. I think you cant miss what you never had , I have a 1959 chevy wagon that is getting worked on I gave it to the body/paint guy a year before i needed it , year and half later its still not done but I wont give up on it cuz I want it that bad. Its too bad he sold it and didn't get to see his project through i hope the new owner really appreciate's what work has been done,  thats my 2 cents.

works of art takes time. 2 years is an extraordinary length of time true, but the work done on it is perfection. 

Bob just got bored of waiting that is all.

Bob I hope you sold your share with a buy back clause once the car is completed.

Yea so we dont really know all parts of the deal on either side,but if I put a down payment right off the get go and a agreement is met and I or Bob in that matter is the customer then get my shit done,I am always on this site and see what is going on, And i have seen other projects get done ahead of his and thats not right in my opinion considering there was a agreeded finish time and cash out of pocket already.It does not take even 6 months to make a nice car,sorry I dont buy that bullshit,with that being said yes it will take longer if you cant focus your time on it full time.Another reason I dont like putting deposits down they got half your money and now there is no huge rush to get it done right, In the end nothing happened and its half payed for already. I have seen that so many times.

• Like 2

I'm tired of everyone mentioning; "two years for a work of art", "if he wanted it bad enough he would have waited", "perfection takes time" . . .

That was never the deal. It was 6 - 8 months. I waited over 20 months. I didn't quote the job, James did!

If I would have been told 2 years at the start of this deal, I would have either not done it OR been prepared to wait.

While I was waiting for this "perfection", he found time for a lot of other projects! Below is a short list;

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/60022-datsunville-strikes-again/

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/57562-i-did-buy-a-bluebird-coupe-in-the-uk/

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/53639-pinky-and-the-brain-another-dime/

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/55296-0069-4-door-style/

I think it's time this thread is LOCKED, there is nothing left to say!

• Like 2

Yea so we dont really know all parts of the deal on either side,but if I put a down payment right off the get go and a agreement is met and I or Bob in that matter is the customer then get my shit done,I am always on this site and see what is going on, And i have seen other projects get done ahead of his and thats not right in my opinion considering there was a agreeded finish time and cash out of pocket already.It does not take even 6 months to make a nice car,sorry I dont buy that bullshit,with that being said yes it will take longer if you cant focus your time on it full time.Another reason I dont like putting deposits down they got half your money and now there is no huge rush to get it done right, In the end nothing happened and its half payed for already. I have seen that so many times.

If anyone cares to take a look at my OTHER finished projects, you will notice most work finished by others.

In fact I met Bob Oct 2012, and watched how he criticized other finished Datsuns at Sema like he had paid to have them built. Once hearing his opinion of this other car, Vic and I agreed that Bob3 car has to be one our best. And why not it's got my name all over it.

But that means I do countless hours of work myself. Which for me are sometimes hard to find. I have had my hourly paid employees work on Bobs car but have not been satisfied with there work (had it been another project for flipping by all means, finish it).

But again this is Bobs car.

I'm very happy how the work is coming together, and by he way big tanker a ton of work has happened. We have over 200 hours in to this car. It always has a spot in the shop.

A good paint job take min a year in my option.

Once i heard Bob was selling the car I stopped all work on it. I thought he would have contacted me before throwing it to the community.

A little bit about me i paint Datsuns only, and mostly for friends in the community. I never claimed to be a auto body business. I will not sacrifice my primary business for any bodys car. NOT even my own.

i do think Bob got bored waiting. but i figured out of everybody i have ever painted a car for he would always have enough on his plate, to tide his time.

This would of been his best Datsun.

• Like 2

I dont dispute you worked on the car and i know you paint houses for a living or something of that sort,and thats why I did not bash you either on that part,Its sad though that it came to this,perfection takes time, to others longer but I cant understand why this was not worked out,I myself can be Impatient also but i can give on time like i am doing now with the upholstry shop i use to a point.. And you do nice work and i have met you in person at eagle rock so I have no hardship tword you, I still for the life of me dont know why it got this far, so maybe something is missing but well its sold Bob is moving on and hopefully you can finish the car for the next person.

I dont dispute you worked on the car and i know you paint houses for a living or something of that sort,and thats why I did not bash you either on that part,Its sad though that it came to this,perfection takes time, to others longer but I cant understand why this was not worked out,_(I myself can be Impatient also)_ but i can give on time like i am doing now with the upholstry shop i use to a point.. And you do nice work and i have met you in person at eagle rock so I have no hardship tword you, I still for the life of me dont know why it got this far, so maybe something is missing but well its sold Bob is moving on and hopefully you can finish the car for the next person.

I call bullshit on this one. Your the most impatient person I have ever seen. Why you allready pushing the upholstry shop. Your fuckin wagon is a few months from being done. The shit's just gonna sit in you living room until the car is done.

• Like 4