Doty (Deal of the year)

skyblue

the hardest part is getting the brake lines loose 

there are 2 clips that slide in from either end of the wheel cylinder and overlap each other to lock the wheel cylinder in place 

not really to hard you just have to bleed the shit out of them 

start at the farthest corner from the master cylinder 

if you go with a side draft you will also need a manifold in case you didnt know 

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the hardest part is getting the brake lines loose 

there are 2 clips that slide in from either end of the wheel cylinder and overlap each other to lock the wheel cylinder in place 

not really to hard you just have to bleed the shit out of them 

start at the farthest corner from the master cylinder 

if you go with a side draft you will also need a manifold in case you didnt know 

ok thanks for the advice on the wheel cylinders.

I have a manifold i got at canby last year from james. only thing left would be the linkage and of course the carb.

ok so i finally did my rear brakes.

driver side saturated from bad wheel cylinder.

3790CC78-921B-4CB4-9238-B810F6ECFE30-129

out with the old in with the new.

B15ACA83-6B7E-4DD5-8CCB-5F2799CB1B9C-129

nice and clean.

36F7D9AA-388A-4A8A-94B8-8230F583C5DD-129

ready for another 40 years.

57EFBAF1-F1C9-4C5C-801A-A256FF3828B1-129

and of course the salute. triple240z at the grill.

BC616512-94B5-4786-A731-3B12F6C9D6FC-129

twas a good day. the wheel cylinders were a piece of pie to replace. brakes are much better now.

Next: more lower!

• Like 1

if you do the side draft buy the lokar cable kit it is a better way to go then using linkage 

you will have to fab some brackets for spring returns and modify your pedal for the cable but you will be happier in the end and your gas pedal will work better 

Is the lokar kit universal or do i need a datsun specific one?

hmmmmmm  good question 

I think they are universal. 

if you go to there site they should have options 

did some work over the weekend.

Took the valve cover off for the first time since i bought her. And adjusted the valves while i was at it. looked pretty good under there.

null_zpsa15d8582.jpg

and went to town on cleaning the valve cover. about half an hour scrubbing in the solvent tank, then about another 45min with a scotch pad. looks waaaay better.

null_zps0ecc6eaf.jpg

null_zps06b2df5f.jpg

and here's a littel before pic.

DSC03221.jpg

next will be the air cleaner and finish polishing the radiator.

I've also made a small list of things to do before Canby:

1. More lower

2. Flush/re-core radiator, depending on what the problem is that makes the engine run hot on the freeway.

3. Side draft weber

that's pretty much it.

Would you be willing to take some hi-res shots of the stickers on the air cleaner? It looks like they are pretty decent... better than most Ive seen. If youre interested, I may have a freshly powdercoated air cleaner for sale. Its the original blue... Ill be switching mine out to something different if you want to keep the stock look, but clean your bay up. 

Would you be willing to take some hi-res shots of the stickers on the air cleaner? It looks like they are pretty decent... better than most Ive seen. If youre interested, I may have a freshly powdercoated air cleaner for sale. Its the original blue... Ill be switching mine out to something different if you want to keep the stock look, but clean your bay up. 

I will take pics as best as i can. the summer winter one still looks good. the others are not so good. but i'll take pics anyway. I"ll keep the aircleaner in mind. i hope to get a side draft soon. but if it looks to far away i'll hit u up. a nice clean aircleaner would def. clean things up.

Never mind I was looking at the old picture,I'm sorry I pre ejaculated.And it's not my first time.

hahaha. sell me a side draft!!!!

Well....even if you wanted to use it till then.....I took the oics already so there....

It's in pretty good shape......a bit dirty.....it only sat in the garage for about ten years or so... :rofl:

Not exactically the same as yours though.....

IMG_3566_zps65869c42.jpg

IMG_3567_zps03256a23.jpg

Flushed the cooling system yesterday with a 2 part system in hopes that it would unclog the rad which makes the car run hotter than normal on the freeway. But alas it was unsuccessful. :crying: . still runs hot on freeway. I think its time to take the rad to the pros for a proper flushing or perhaps recore.

just another engine bay pic

null_zps1f3e6800.jpg

and another just because

null_zpsf0d8ba19.jpg

Also, got some shocks last friday and will be putting them on and cutting a couple coils this weekend. Finally going moar lowar!

kind of a big update.

Put on some tokico blues I bought from a member up front and cut some coils. It was a bit of a bitch to get the inserts on because they were a hair to short (.25in. to be exact) so i had to make some small spacers.
null_zps463bd563.jpg

ratsun weekend at the shop
null_zps6e2cc77c.jpg

here she is front more low
null_zps6c380089.jpg

null_zps30dcc5a0.jpg

Also put on new front outer wheel bearing, new brake pads and turned rotors. stops waaay better and looks and handles waaay better. Ideally I'd like to go lower up front, but for now it's cool. And the rear needs more lower too. Would have done the rear today but ran out of time. Had  a hot date to get to.