Doty (Deal of the year)

skyblue

No wonder you don't wanna buy my wheels... you're just looking for free wheels :P

There was a guy in the craigslist LA area selling a set of freshly powdercoated snowflakes for like $300, or something close.

Who said anything about free, I'll pay him for his troubles when the time comes

• Like 1
  • Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So I've been smelling coolant for a while and couldn't figure out where it was coming from. Finally found the culprit. Filler neck had a crack all the way around at the base.

6DDB00D2-2718-402A-B465-DDFCA645D901_zps

Nothing a little solder can't fix.

835E5D41-1DAD-4789-AA9D-5EE3AE1B7F01_zps

Up to date engine bay pic.

D2712061-2CF3-49AD-A747-965C6C76715A_zps

• Like 6

I have it. But the black snap on knob broke. So I keep it off so it doesn't fly off one day. Gotta figure something out.

File the hole, wrap some electrical tape on the long side of a manifold stud and jam it through. Wingnut to hold the cover down.

Toyota makes a clip that is identical to the factory clip, but that costs money

• Like 1

Toyota makes a clip that is identical to the factory clip, but that costs money

Yeah, about $2.  :rofl:

That's a good idea. I don't mind spending money though. What are those even called? The Toyota ones

It's a "panel retention fastener". Goes under the dash on several Lexus models. I have the part number somewhere (may be in a DQ article I wrote on it too). I'm pretty sure it was me way back when that figured this out. I bought 20 of them a few years ago. May still have a few...

Still have an NOS JDM cover too...   :rofl:

• Like 1

From DQ...

Originally Published in DQ Volume 6.2

Submitted by John Roper

qtt_fuse_box_pin.jpg

I’ve always had problems with the small clip that holds the fuse box cover on. It seems as though they all broke sometime back when the Bee Gees were still touring... I’ve never heard of a fix for it other than buying a new lid.

I happened to be pointing it out the other day to a friend who is a tech at a local Lexus body shop. He said "Hey, that looks just like the pin on an access panel under some Lexus dashes". So I went to the dealer parts department and they kindly let me rifle through about 40 3'x4' drawers of clips until I found what I was looking for. It took me about an hour, but I was finally successful.

Go to your local Toyota or Lexus dealer and tell them you need Part # 90467-08119. List price from my dealer was $1.36 each.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

so the other day i noticed the driver side was sitting lower than the passenger. i looked under the rear control arms and noticed this

0D1EA758-0AB5-44C1-AFFA-8B4015663273_zps

51ABB519-50EC-4F20-9223-43D6B89C82D0_zps

not really sure why this happened. only thing i can think of is the higher spring rate springs i installed. i welded it up last night and will see how it does. sorry no welded pic, it was dark. and looks like poo anyway. lol

Night welding shot by busta nut

8C3BFAE3-4B2C-4F3D-8B05-D6B4E6E7DFCE_zps

• Like 2

The same thing happened to me when I was running cut in half Eibach springs.  I used a grinder to flatten out the point that the springs contact the spring pocket.  After that I didn't have a problem.

been meaning to cut another 1/4 coil off mine... Ill have to be sure I do this...

• Like 1

The same thing happened to me when I was running cut in half Eibach springs.  I used a grinder to flatten out the point that the springs contact the spring pocket.  After that I didn't have a problem.

Good advice. I'll have to do that before it happens again.

• Like 1

I've always blamed this on too many solo drives from the previous owners.  :rofl:

Got in the habit of swapping sides when I cut them...

Swapping is a good idea. But these are new. Will swap after some time.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

So I've been smelling coolant for a while and couldn't figure out where it was coming from. Finally found the culprit. Filler neck had a crack all the way around at the base.

6DDB00D2-2718-402A-B465-DDFCA645D901_zps

Nothing a little solder can't fix.

835E5D41-1DAD-4789-AA9D-5EE3AE1B7F01_zps

Up to date engine bay pic.

D2712061-2CF3-49AD-A747-965C6C76715A_zps

I had coolant smell in the 521 about a week ago and though I was going to have to do the same thing. Lucky, it was just an old radiator cap gone bad. Nice patch job. Looks prooooofesional!

• Like 2

I had coolant smell in the 521 about a week ago and though I was going to have to do the same thing. Lucky, it was just an old radiator cap gone bad. Nice patch job. Looks prooooofesional!

im still getting the smell and water spots on the front of the valve cover. I'm thinking it might be the cap too. I will try replacing that next. thx!