Doty (Deal of the year)

skyblue

put her on the lift today for the first time. started to swap out radiator, but it proved to be more work than i thought. stupid cooling lines. so i put back together and will continue tomorrow.

10-25-12_2018.jpg

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Radiator swap is about 30 to 45 min job on these things.

Yes...if it was a straight swap....unfortunately we run into problems with old shit...

I was gonna let him use my radiator but the tranny fittings are angle different....thought about swapping the fittings...his are welded on.

Didn't want to bend his hoses too much cause they are cracked pretty bad and didn't want to risk splitting them.....so.....radiator swap SQUASHED.

I gotta dig up my old tranny hoses to see if they're any good....then we will try it again.

Sweet!!! 510th post!!

Radiator swap is about 30 to 45 min job on these things.

Tjose Rotos look good but be careful on offset or future brake swap.

stock 510 like +25mm to tuck under. but 280zx like +12 or +15 to fit in front for the Rotas

by a battery hold doown first before looking at wheels

yea that's what i thought, but like triple said the cooling lines are at different angles on the 2 radiators and I didn't want to fuck up the hoses.

yea tie down is next on my list. not really looking for wheels yet. this was more for fun.

Hard to tell from dark pictures, is that a light green???

Heres the day I brought mine home 7 years ago! Looks to be a very similar color

0446360-R1-020-8A.jpg

nice.

i darkened it up to give the pic a vintage look. the color is a dark green, i think the same as yours. maybe a bit darker.

• 4 weeks later...

Bought some of this stuff, http://www.carnu-b.com/#!Online%20Store/c4yx, at the san jose flea market, per gus-gus' recommendation and waxed the old girl and wow! what a huge difference. brought the finish back to a nice gloss. just had time to do one coat but I'm super happy with the results. the only thing that didn't shine up too good was the hood and i suspect it's because it was repainted at some point and they did a poor job. plan on doing the truck next when i get a chance. here are some pics, sorry for crappy phone camera quality.

11-12-12_1618.jpg

11-12-12_1615.jpg

11-12-12_1616.jpg

Sweet! Im a fan of the column shift so Id like to save it from the trash pile if possible.

Car is coming along nicely... you need to get that air cleaner refreshed.

thanks. yea the engine bay needs some serious love. yours is definitely a good inspiration. i need powder coating hookups.

• 2 weeks later...

wow, your camera makes these look scarier than they were. lol.

I think that is not the first time those have sprouted cause I noticed there was black shit on the sill plate when i first bought it.

we should meet up sometime! if you are ever in the east bay, hit me up!

might be trying to do a photoshoot by the bunkers at the headlands with a couple dattos in January if you're willing to cross the bridge

for sure. i'm not in the Beast too often, but if i am i'll holler.

aka the least bay :rofl:

got a new camera! nothing fancy just a sony point n shoot. but finally got a decent pic of the new steering wheel.

DSC00581.jpg

and the old one for reference.

DSC03243.jpg

random pic of my beat

DSC00574.jpg

also, who knows what goes here? I assume it's a dome light switch? and if so, how difficult is it to find?

DSC00575.jpg