Doty (Deal of the year)

skyblue

So I've been on the prowl for a 510 for a while and I finally found one i could afford. Initially was looking for a 2dr but i would've taken a 4dr without question. CL was good to me and I found this beauty and picked her up today for a great price.

She's a 1971, 4dr, auto column shift. all original and as complete as they get. Everything works except for the speedo but that's an easy fix. well enough talk, on with the pics. :D

freshly washed
DSC03219.jpg

DSC03214.jpg

DSC03218.jpg

DSC03215.jpg

DSC03220.jpg

DSC03216.jpg

DSC03217.jpg

DSC03221.jpg

she's a little rough around the edges, but nothing a little blood, sweat and beers can't fix. Plans for now are to go more lower and buff out the paint. Eventually down the road I want to get a single side draft weber, swap out the auto with a 5 speed I have laying around, and new exhaust. but before any of that happens i gotta get the 521 back on the road. totally stoked to be part of the 510 gang again though. :w00t:

• Like 9
  • Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

WHOA!

Awesome!! I love that overflow tank! what is it sitting on? :confused:

I've been so excited i didn't even look. but i think the PO rigged up a bracket and attached it to the strut tower.

Glad someone got that .... .. :cool: ..... . looks like you got it around when I saw the CL ad .... :lol:

I was so anxious cause the guy said he had 2 guys that were gonna go look at it yesterday and i thought for sure it was gonna be sold by today. but they flaked and i swooped in. Had to walk 17 blocks in SF to meet the guy.

• Like 1

Well it sure wasn't in the pdx area. Nice car and great price man.

It looks bone stock too. It's almost a time peice that could be used in throw back movies

It was in the sunset district in SF. It's so stock i don't want to get too crazy with it.

I was so anxious cause the guy said he had 2 guys that were gonna go look at it yesterday and i thought for sure it was gonna be sold by today. but they flaked and i swooped in.

The unbelievably large number of flakes in the Datsun scene is a double edged sword.. often it works against you, but once in a while to your advantage.

Congratulations! Nice find!

• Like 1

The unbelievably large number of flakes in the Datsun scene is a double edged sword.. often it works against you, but once in a while to your advantage.

Congratulations! Nice find!

ain't that the truth. Finally flakes are good for something.

It was only 17 blocks from your house?

no i was working in SF today and my boss had to go home and couldn't give me a ride, so i had to hoof it. made me realize how badly out of shape i am.

Very nice. This was how you used to see them around here all the time.

Why do the outside mirrors always go MIA? Mine was also missing when I got it.

seriously, back 12 years ago i got my first one for $1k, all original, running.

yea i didn't even notice the missing mirror till i got on the freeway i was so excited. lol

What transmission is in this bish? B/W or JATCO? This is the second 71 column shift Ive seen today so Im hoping this one works out in my favor... I dont see the B/W emblem on the back, but maybe that only came on earlier models.

Either way, sweet find.

What transmission is in this bish? B/W or JATCO? This is the second 71 column shift Ive seen today so Im hoping this one works out in my favor... I dont see the B/W emblem on the back, but maybe that only came on earlier models.

Either way, sweet find.

hmmm. good question. where do I look to find out? there is a missing emblem on the left side of the rear panel. I'll take a closer look to see if i can tell from the silhouette.