521 from the other side of the world

NZ521

So long time lurker first time poster!

Hi my names Toby. I live in Mount Maunganui New Zealand and im Datsun mad .

This is my 1969 521

553258_491306654229006_1539962657_n.jpg

there isnt many of these left in NZ especially in left hook( this is one of two i know off)

417610_368072396539256_1652019993_n.jpg

It was imported into the country in 1972 and used as a work hack till it was finally left to rot in a padock. It was then found a few year later by a friend of mine and restored to it current condition . The tailgate wasn't tho its to show where the ute came from.

531250_10151879803110494_381193109_n.jpg

575330_3456509583507_1588663235_n.jpg

293866_4022954704281_1593152442_n.jpg

Since ive had it its been notched and had the front strut towers extended. I cut the crossmember out and modifed it as it draged on the ground,cleaned up the engine bay and the interior and chucked some timber in the tray. It has an l18 running twis SU carbs and a 5speed dog leg box.

I have a few other Datsuns as well

My gb120

296681_2157564390689_1977999_n.jpg

shes going throw some changes but thats another story

and my 910 Bluebird

254367_1759998119728_2960587_n.jpg

• Like 2
  • Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers for the feed back guys .

mr big tanker your right the tray has been brought down about an inch and a half. the front spoiler is from a mk1 VW Golf, its a twe bueaty of theo peice plastic lip that fixes on by 6 screws and the best thing is they fit just about most cars.

As for the sticker on the rear window and the badge on the front grill they both say Circle Jerk Crew or CJC witch is the car crew im in over here. As for the name we were told from very early on in the crews history we were called a bunch of jerks and it led on from there

CJC blog http://cjc.org.nz/h/

ill get some more pics up soon

Toby

Cheers for the feed back guys .

mr big tanker your right the tray has been brought down about an inch and a half. the front spoiler is from a mk1 VW Golf, its a twe bueaty of theo peice plastic lip that fixes on by 6 screws and the best thing is they fit just about most cars.

As for the sticker on the rear window and the badge on the front grill they both say Circle Jerk Crew or CJC witch is the car crew im in over here. As for the name we were told from very early on in the crews history we were called a bunch of jerks and it led on from there

CJC blog http://cjc.org.nz/h/

ill get some more pics up soon

Toby

I remember this truck with the red wheels.Occupational hazard!!!nice truck You a Maori or white boy.

Nah im not that hard on it haha but a utes still gota be made to feel like workhorse every now and then or else they start getting a complex!

And thank you Ratsun the last three days of my life are a Datsun forum blur. there are so many amazing cars on here. Its given me so many ideas i now want a steel dash ,Mr tanker? (i think it was yours) your willwoods look awesome i need some for myself and last night i started looking at building a set of coilovers. I have the shocks and threaded sleeve to fit over them i just need the springs and top hats (on the way)so it wont be too long till she sits lower again :rofl:

Nah im not that hard on it haha but a utes still gota be made to feel like workhorse every now and then or else they start getting a complex!

And thank you Ratsun the last three days of my life are a Datsun forum blur. there are so many amazing cars on here. Its given me so many ideas i now want a steel dash ,Mr tanker? (i think it was yours) your willwoods look awesome i need some for myself and last night i started looking at building a set of coilovers. I have the shocks and threaded sleeve to fit over them i just need the springs and top hats (on the way)so it wont be too long till she sits lower again :rofl:

thanks,i can get you going with the brakes,and send me your ideas on your coilover setup.

phixius linked me this bad ass thread.......fucking sweet rig man... stop doing donuts in my lawn though

i really like the lengthened bed one for the best done jobs of that mod....i still ike he rocker on the front part of the bed to match the underside of the cab but this look sweet too...those wheels with the bue centers are tuff...

u make me wanna work on my 521