Say hello to Phuglee my "new" 710 Wagon! (Lots 'o Pics)

O.D.D.

a few more shots of the engine bay and mock mounted grille. 

11083878_10153268163746383_4419085307047

next shot is pre - aircleaner funkification

11071096_10153268162731383_3378683535949

aircleaner, now with more FUNK!!!

11074448_10153268162771383_5224180970049

ONE MORE SHOT ...of the whole thing....

10258806_10153268163696383_1194966231367

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

also hard to see... I went to the silly extent of painting the aircleaner spring clamps gold. I think I have another can of gold paint.... which means I must need to paint more things gold.  Its becoming something of a sick obsession... I tried painting the cat, he was pissed. 

• 5 weeks later...

Alriiight! Parts car sold to a guy down south...who took his good sweet time getting it, but got it done. AND... THE WAGON IS SMOGGED, REGISTERED, AND RUNNING DAILY!!!

Hooray for the rebirth... Its so stock and quiet I almost dont recognize it as mine.  

New tires, New exhaust (cheap generic quiet muffler), new engine, new radiator..... new front and rear shocks... swapped seats, swapped rims...and what is left of my rapidly re-rusting bodywork and paint... (i knew it would happen...)

no pics at the moment, but I will get some up soon... Video if I can manage some. 

Cheers!

• Like 1
  • 11 months later...

Still running well...no leaking from the radiator, getting a pusher fan mounted to the front is only even really needed for traffic situations.

My shitty bodywork has re rusted after 18 mos of outdoor life a mile from the ocean. Nothing quite as badly as the hood...which I was warned would be unsavable.

Been my daily or a year now faithfully and almost entirely without issue. My turn signals have gone a bit nuts, but given the wiring...I am not the least bit surprised.

Gotta get the rear end lowered, and I would like to get the chassis re-inforced where the rust may be weakening the uni body @ the firewall.

My next half baked idea is to get it registered in new Mexico and remove the smog setup for good. One more year until it faces smog again... so no real rushame there, but some extra he might help me get on the freeway at over 45mph

• 4 months later...