Daves datsun 510

so another project my dad and jeff decided to do to get some cash, my dads friend daves 510. body worked the whole front of the car, painted it and putting the front end back together and motor with the owner helping the whole way!

here are some pics,

IMG_2068.jpg

IMG_2072.jpg

had to do the pearl rising sun hood.

IMG_2070.jpg

IMG_2075.jpg

IMG_2074.jpg

IMG_2078.jpg

IMG_2085.jpg

IMG_2088.jpg

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jaimesix
so another project my dad and jeff decided to do to get some cash, my dads friend daves 510. body worked the whole front of the car, painted it and putting the front end back together and motor with the owner helping the whole way!

here are some pics,

IMG_2078.jpg

Excellent job, congratulations. That engine looks awesome. What are the engine details???

That picture illustrates what happens when people neglect an engine and need a rebuilt...Gremmlins in the engine!!!

Good the "Gremmlins" have been erradicated for good!!!

Jaime._____________________________________________:lol:

That engine looks awesome. What are the engine details???

ya, what kind of engine is that? I haven't seen one of those in a 510 in a long long time... :blink:

Great paint job too. Jeff keeps taking these side jobs and doesn't have free time to work on my Z! boooo! :rolleyes:

ya, what kind of engine is that? I haven't seen one of those in a 510 in a long long time... :blink:

Great paint job too. Jeff keeps taking these side jobs and doesn't have free time to work on my Z! boooo! :rolleyes:

I've worked on a Z before, the owners don't pay!! :D

Or get a haircut!;)

Haha :D

That is a thing of beauty! I love the ghost sun and the l-motor looks fantastic in there. Love the clean metal parts w/ black. Damn I want it soooo bad!

true, I didnt' intend to pay you... lets just play Nintendo :blink:

You need a Sega so we can play Mortal Combat! Finish him! Fatality! :D Gotta love the blood code :D

• 3 months later...

Dave had Jeff a Z car dude finish the paint job. Then he brought it over to Franks to get a headliner installed along with the glass. here are some pics, the first is my favorite :D Frank and his wife did most the headliner, I helped them finish it up though :D

IMG_0499.JPG

IMG_0547.JPG

IMG_0550.JPG

IMG_0548.JPG

IMG_0549.JPG

IMG_0551.JPG

• 1 month later...

A few new pics, notice the wheels that Hainz sold him. The car looks great, I just can't believe how much it has changed in the last year. He has also ordered re-chromed bumpers to!!!

IMG_0629.JPG

IMG_0625.JPG

IMG_0626.JPG

IMG_0628.JPG

Even shinny cars need to be pushed every once in a while :D The throttle cable came unhooked, he has a new linkage on order though.

IMG_0630.JPG