I got this idea for a custom 620 truck...

motavated

I had an idea back in 2004 when I saw this rust bucket of a 620... I Just had to buy it but I never had enough money to build it. Few years later, my idea has been created a couple times by now and I just felt lost that I even wanted to sell my datsun 620... Until this came to mind, check it out and give some critique please... I really did not wanted to share it... But, this is something that is not easy to tackle for a noob like me. So I need to know if it can be done or not.

Build:

Engine:

L16 with side drafts and custom header

trans:

5 speed 280zx

Bed:

shorten 620 wood truck bed

Cab:

chopped and extended a few inches for extra room

and channeled.

Front:

Ford grill and lots of fucken work...

I am going to work on this sketch on and off until I perfect it... For the mean time its just an idea that I really want to create....

datsun_620_hot_rod_by_motavated-d58veik.jpg

• Like 1
  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You're Gonna Have A Hard Time Cutting Up Those Letters On The Tailgate To Shorten It

Wider Rear End?

Of Course.. AT LEAST 15" Wide Tires

It's Gonna Need To Be Slammed To The Ground

Without Bags

You Will Basically Need To Build Your Chassis From Scratch

Looks Cool Though

Maybe If You Got Rid Of The Hood...

It's doable. You need some fabrication skills. I built this early ford model T planter on a 620 chassis. I did lop off the front end and installed a Model T axle, but my bro Merc John, has a 1938 Ford on a complete 620 chassis!!!

winetruck2-1.jpg

• Like 1

You're Gonna Have A Hard Time Cutting Up Those Letters On The Tailgate To Shorten It

Wider Rear End?

Of Course.. AT LEAST 15" Wide Tires

It's Gonna Need To Be Slammed To The Ground

Without Bags

You Will Basically Need To Build Your Chassis From Scratch

Looks Cool Though

Maybe If You Got Rid Of The Hood...

I got some 15x10 or 12 slotted mags in the back of the house.. the 521 has a shorter rear end that bolts right up to the 620.. Maybe I can use a 320 rear? Not to sure on that but I will have to look into it...

181731_136560599744751_5052169_n.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Here's the Datrod. Dick Dean used to sell instructions or a kit on how to do this. 32 Ford on a 620 chassis.

p37329_image_large.jpg

And here's one that was posted on here a year ago or more. Whatever happened to it?

025.jpg

0282.jpg

Dick was a cool dude, as is his son, Keith who I do know and respect. That project was an easy way to have a hot rod without the huge $$$ layout. As far as the next one---- I hope it was scrapped! Do not try this at home---- You will automatically lose the respect from anyone who has taste!!!!

As far as the next one---- I hope it was scrapped! Do not try this at home---- You will automatically lose the respect from anyone who has taste!!!!

LOL! It may have been scrapped. Like I said it was on here some time ago. He had a whole build thread,and then---nothing.

Like the V8 620 with the straight front axle.

I love that illustration though.

• 2 years later...

LOL! It may have been scrapped. Like I said it was on here some time ago. He had a whole build thread,and then---nothing.

Like the V8 620 with the straight front axle.

I love that illustration though.

Hi, Is the build thread in the archives somewhere? It fits with the rat badness I am researching. Thanks!