Datsun 1200 Coupe Taillight to Body Gasket/Packing

CGS1948

I am looking for a source to obtain some 1200 Coupe Taillight to Body Gaskets. I have tried numerous outlets, including Nissan, which said that they are obsolete globally. I heard that there was a person here (morrisun) that had made a few sets. I could make some from gasket stock, but am trying to obtain NOS or aftermarket first.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Jess, I emptied my mail box. Yellow_Fever in Texas was the last one to have nos coupe tail light gaskets http://community.rat...131#entry629131

other then those.. don't know of any other NOS/Nissan gaskets for coupe tail lights.

I had 20 sets made up,( inners and outers) but there not stock OR After market replacements.

@ Morrisun, It appears that Yellow_Fever sold his awhile back. Do you have any left of the 20 sets that you had made up? I don't need NOS, just some gaskets to seal the pieces.

--Craig

Yes I have some left, they come as a set 2 inner gaskets -that fit between the housing and the lenses, and 2 outers that are between the body and tail light assembly. Cost $22.00 for the set+ Shipping. PM me if you want a set.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

I got the taillight gasket kits a couple of weeks ago and they work great. They are made of a superior material that doesn't trap water which causes rust like the standard solid rubber gaskets.

Thanks Again Doug!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

I am looking for a set of 1200 coupe tail light gaskets.  Noticed this post, even though it is from 2012, anyone know if some are still available (somewhere) ?  In the process of doing a resto to my coupe, getting a set sure would help me out.

To follow up - on my request for 1200 coupe tail light gaskets.  I have been able to pick up all new door, windshield and back window, trunk weatherstrip.  Still looking for the rear (side - pop out) window gasket and strip.  Also, seal pivot windshield wiper rubber covers.

Yes I have some left, they come as a set 2 inner gaskets -that fit between the housing and the lenses, and 2 outers that are between the body and tail light assembly. Cost $22.00 for the set+ Shipping. PM me if you want a set.

A quick check shows...

Last Active

Offline Today, 11:55 AM

panereliefwc@centurylink.net

He's active so drop him a line by Private Message on Ratsun or e-mail him about the rear lights.

This is the 1200 forum, for the discussion and information sharing on the 1200/B110/B210/210. Info about parts and availability is fine but buying and selling here is not. All other parts you may be looking for, please use the classifieds, link at top of every page. http://community.ratsun.net/classifieds/category/9-body-and-interior/?sort_key=date_added&sort_order=desc

• Like 1

I can testify on Morrisun's tail light seals...bought a set for each of my coupes.....they are the goods!

As far as the pop out quarter window weather strips, I used part # UWS 135-25 from either Speedway Motors or Summit ( old, can't remember shit). It is a cut to fit type of deal and is basically a pinch weld weather strip with a "tube type" weather strip molded to it.  I do not think this is the original design as the fitment is VERY snug and seals quite well.

• Like 2

Kelmo - thanks for the input.  I checked Speedway and Summit for p/n UWS 135-25, zero hits on it.  Is the item you did get like Trim-Lok (trim seals)?

I have looked these over and am leaning on getting that product.  Just have to figure now what size to go with.  Have you any ideas?  Like your statement

"fitment is very snug and seals well"  want that for my quarter windows. 

Kelmo - thanks for the input.  I checked Speedway and Summit for p/n UWS 135-25, zero hits on it.  Is the item you did get like Trim-Lok (trim seals)?

Hope this link works:

http://www.mcmaster.com/#bulb-seals/=wccq8b

Click the one on the right that says "Edge-Grip with Rubber Bulb Seals"

I have bought it from McMaster-Carr before. About to order some more to do my quarter windows...

• Like 1
  • 6 months later...

Hi!

Do you have some more of these gaskets?

I need a set for my 1200 coupe a.s.a.p

Regards

Paul