Me n' my 720...

Jdm720

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like this truck so much! I can't wait to get mine running again >.< lol Looks super clean though! 

Thanks!

Just in case anyone else is looking for this, the HF service wrench set includes a 24.  I sprayed plenty of PB Blaster, dropped a cheater on it and off she came.

http://www.harborfreight.com/15-piece-metric-service-wrench-set-93668.html

As mentioned, the wrenches look pretty horrible (not polished or anything; picture is inaccurate), but they definitely get the job done.

Even a regular 24mm will fit a tad loose (Snap-on's flank drive wrenches would probably work great in this case), so it is a good idea to spray some penetrating oil on it periodically a day or two ahead of the removal attempt. That's how it was done when the exhaust manifold was swapped on my old ST. And those larger wrenches from HF will get the job done, but a heads up for anyone else unaware, don't go cheap on the normal size wrenches (typically 8-19mm). At least craftsman professional for the frequent gearhead.. 

• 9 months later...

Finally got going on this. (head is just sitting on block) I'll be getting some pistons soon, then it's off to the machine shop to get bored out. Also will be doing some head work, etc, etc... You know, all that good stuff.

4l3pmc.jpg

I've been good, just neglected this for a while as other things happened.. And laziness. But it's back under the knife. How 'bout yourself..?

I do actually. Got the blue one that came with the truck, too. Just the wheels and buttons, though. I sold the hub.

The stock ones that came on the 4x4s, yes. They aren't easy to come by though... At least not where I'm at. And it seems once someone gets ahold of them.. Might as well consider them gone cause they ain't lettin' go haha

I found a set of these flares in Riverside CA, let me know, I can give you the info. If your still interested, it's been a while since this post.

I'll take them! PM me and let me know how much you want for both of them?  Shoot me your number too so I can get a hold of you.  I also need a one piece (solid) rear window for a shortbed.....got one?

I'll send you a PM with contact info. And I actually do have a spare solid rear for a shortbed sitting in my shop (single cab..?), lucky you.

Dude, you going to the mini truck meet Nov. 8th?

Didn't even know about it, haven't kept up on events lately..

I found a set of these flares in Riverside CA, let me know, I can give you the info. If your still interested, it's been a while since this post.

PM'd