• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest kamakazi620

The 1973 is the best looking, isn't it?

And it's already a mini-muscle-car, with the rev-happy L18

Why not make it a true muscle car, by fitting a TURBO on the L18? VG would only upset the good balance and ruin the handling nose heavy

FIXED!!!!!!!!!!
  • Like 1

The 1973 is the best looking, isn't it?

And it's already a mini-muscle-car, with the rev-happy L18

Why not make it a true muscle car, by fitting a KA-T? VG would only upset the good balance and ruin the handling nose heavy

im not sure why people keep saying this i have been looking into this swap for years now and everyone that has done it says that it doesnt realy effect the handling yes the vg30 is a little heavier but all that extra weight is behind the front wheel centerline and the heavier part is the trans so its almost dead center of the car anyway

im not sure why people keep saying this i have been looking into this swap for years now and everyone that has done it says that it doesnt realy effect the handling yes the vg30 is a little heavier but all that extra weight is behind the front wheel centerline and the heavier part is the trans so its almost dead center of the car anyway

Transmission is the same for a SR, KA, or a VG. So I dont get your point about the transmission being the heavier point?

My girl already snagged em.. well.. by "snagged", I mean, I tossed the Leopard testicles over her mirror and stretched the steering wheel cover on while she was out of the garage. :rofl: .. oh yes, and there was a matching, equally as skanky lanyard that came with it :hyper: I KNOW, RIGHT?

:rofl: .... hahaha :sneaky: ...

Your plans fit the character and lines of the car :hyper: :thumbup: ... exotic or stock ...right on !

The reason people keep saying it is because the VG is heavier than the L20B. It is even heavier than the KA.

yes but think about it its only 3 cylinders long so the weight is behind the centerline making the car more like a mid engine rear wheel drive

yes but think about it its only 3 cylinders long so the weight is behind the centerline making the car more like a mid engine rear wheel drive

I havent heard from a single person that they havent lost nimbleness in the steering. And regardless, you are still adding weight.

The day after I bought it, I had to go back and pick it up..

Photo2455.jpg

As awesome as it was, I had to ditch the steering wheel cover half way through the drive. :lol: My woman took some pics, too.

imagejpeg_21.jpg

The old girl drove so smoothly the entire time. Temp was solid, had oil pressure, and the trans shifted nicely. Tight steering in the corners, too(as tight as it can be in stock suspension).

Home. The driveway's never looked so sexy.

Photo2456.jpgPhoto2457.jpgimagejpeg_26.jpg

Later on, we cleared the driveway and I gave her a nice bath.

Photo2461.jpgPhoto2462.jpgPhoto2463.jpg

Went and grabbed some oil and a filter to freshen her up. Got some plugs and wires, too. These must have been on the shelf for a long time.. the box was so sweet.

Photo2464.jpg

This made me LOL.

Photo2466.jpg

A couple pics of His and Hers together :)

Photo2459.jpg

Photo2460.jpg

The 2 newest additions to the driveway. Good times.

• Like 1

After a little bit of waxing and polishing they'll be able to spot that car from outer space. I'm really curious to see how this project turns out.

Is the bumper sticker on the back a relic from the 70's?

After a little bit of waxing and polishing they'll be able to spot that car from outer space. I'm really curious to see how this project turns out.

Is the bumper sticker on the back a relic from the 70's?

I know.. my old roommate details cars and buffed the paint on his 521.. made it look like a million dollars. Gonna hit him up for the same treatment :) I'm not sure what era the sticker is from.. 80's maybe?

Sweet looking house. Well mostly the garage/driveway. You and the lady need to bring a couple Datsuns to the drive-in, or atleast Dragging the Gut.

Thanks bro. We're planning to be at both. Any word on what's playing at the Drive-In?

Psh did that shit with my windshield wipers. Bought the car and on the way home it started to rain... realized I didnt even know how to turn the wipers on. Flying down the freeway with no wipers in the dark while Im fumbling with all the knobs trying to guess which one it was. Finally figured out it was one that didnt even have a knob, it was just the post. Then I pulled and pushed and twisted to no avail... wipers didnt work. Luckily the rain just stopped and I didnt need them anymore. Would have been bad to drive in the rain at night home 5hrs after picking up the car...

Pulling over is for pussies...

I was screaming down the freeway trying to figure it out quickly as I didn't want to get off in Portland and get lost. Luckily right as I was about to give up the rain trickled to a halt and I made it home safely.

I would say with all the leopard print, it's Mikey. A super ass kicking turtle but knows how to party. Your car is like Jesus wearing a tuxedo t-shirt.

• Like 1

Tristin, you didn't just pull over?

So which turtle is this? Donatello, Michelangelo, Leonardo?

There's also Rafael. It depends on whether or not Micro adds blue, purple, orange, or red accents to the car. Time will tell.

By the way, I'm glad you bought the car Micro! It looks sweet, and you got it for a steal. I would love to have a two-door 610 (especially for less than $1,000) but I got hit pretty hard with medical bills recently, so it was out of the question for me.

In Ratsun family = survival of old Datsuns. :thumbup:

• Like 1

Psh did that shit with my windshield wipers. Bought the car and on the way home it started to rain... realized I didnt even know how to turn the wipers on. Flying down the freeway with no wipers in the dark while Im fumbling with all the knobs trying to guess which one it was. Finally figured out it was one that didnt even have a knob, it was just the post. Then I pulled and pushed and twisted to no avail... wipers didnt work. Luckily the rain just stopped and I didnt need them anymore. Would have been bad to drive in the rain at night home 5hrs after picking up the car...

Been There! Except my wiper blades were shot and turning them on would just smear and make visibility worse, not to mention being on the freeway with bald tires and a faulty bmc... scary stuff :no:

Just for you info, an L series block is 17 inches in length, and a VG block is 15 1/2 in length so the two engine's are going to be located in about the same place. The VG would not be " mid engine " .