TURTLE POWER!!!

Alright, as some of you know, I drove home one hell of a find a couple days ago. Had I not been out enjoying it, I'd have been bragging posting all about it here. She's a 610 from late in the year 1972.. the 18XXX'th produced.

Enough chit chat; the proof!

Photo2447.jpg

She looked pretty good from the ad, so I got in touch with the owner, and we set up a time early the following day for me to see it. I had to get up before the sun and head to where it was kept, but it was worth it. Drove an hour, got there and looked her over.. there was some pretty bad rust on the driver's side fender and the rocker in front of the wheel well, as well as in the arch behind it.

Photo2438.jpg

Photo2442.jpg

As bad as it looks, it wasn't a deal breaker. There was also some around the windshield...

Photo2444.jpg

Photo2445.jpg

... as well as the rear window..

Photo2443.jpg

The trunk was pretty nice.. the spare tire well had some surface rust not that bad, really.

Photo2450.jpg

Found this nasty thing in the trunk..

Photo2449.jpg

Luckily, the engine had a WIX filter on it, so everybody got to keep their dignity.

I checked out the interior, and it was pretty decent(with the exception of the seats), door cards almost perfect(had a couple tears and some stickers that need to be cleaned off), and headliner in perfect shape.

Photo2439.jpg

It was missing the heater controls and the glove box, but I have spares, so that's covered. No biggie. Also there were some other small pieces, some window cranks, rear arm rests.. a small list of pieces that I'd have to round up out of my stash, but that's what it's there for.

Photo2441.jpg

The floor boards were solid, too, but in all honesty, as soon as I laid eyes on these fine accessories, I had to have the car. My mind was made up.

Photo2440-1.jpg

:lol:

I popped the hood, and also, no rust there.

Photo2470.jpg

Put my hand on the engine to feel if it had been started a couple minutes before I got there.. stone cold. After checking the oil and coolant levels, I asked to hear the engine. The owner said that it may be hard to start, as it had been sitting for some time.. The L18 cranked over twice and came to life. I couldn't have asked for a better sounding engine. She purred like a kitten.

While letting it warm up, I gave it another walk around and checked all the lights, turn signals, windshield wipers, etc.. Good to go.

Took it for a test drive, and everything was great: tight steering, good braking, the trans shifted smoothly.. and with that, it was settled. I turned around, went back, and did business.

Took a picture of it with my wagon before heading out..

Photo2451.jpg

.. and I was off until I could get a ride back, key and title in hand. COWABUNGA!

• Like 3
  • Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Like the 710s the rear windows tend to leak and then rot below the glass. My '74, I reached under the chrome strip and there was just a crumbly mess. Had to have metal welded in while the glass was out. Front was the same for rust perforations. Looked bad when the glass and trim was on.. worse when the glass was out.

Love the color, by the look of the floors.

zx 5speed drops right in using the automatic driveshaft.

• Like 1

nice find man :thumbup:

dig the color !

cowabunga hahah !

how much for both accessories shipped to 97060 ? Do want ! ... :lol:

My girl already snagged em.. well.. by "snagged", I mean, I tossed the Leopard testicles over her mirror and stretched the steering wheel cover on while she was out of the garage. :rofl: .. oh yes, and there was a matching, equally as skanky lanyard that came with it :hyper:

Mmmmmm Those tail lights...

mmmmm

I KNOW, RIGHT?

Heh, it is the numbers matching engine. Runs sooo smooth...

I have been brainstorming on a swap of some sort.. I have a lonely single slammer KA sitting in the shop.. just so happens to have a gaudy neon green valve cover. Hmmm..

What really has me thinking is a VG30. I like the thought of a Japanese Mini Muscle car... just seem so.. what's the word.. badass.

• Like 2

Kermit on the outside, Leopard on the inside. Very nice.

There was a 610 wagon for sale around here a while back in the same color - it's so bright it doesn't even look stock!

I think the mini muscle car 610 would be epic... 610s just look so mean when done properly. The cars are all crumbed over and look like hey are scowling the whole time. VG30 would be nice, but it may be fate that your KA already is green. Maybe that could me and intermediate swap until you get yourself a beast mode VG built.

I think the mini muscle car 610 would be epic... 610s just look so mean when done properly. The cars are all crumbed over and look like hey are scowling the whole time. VG30 would be nice, but it may be fate that your KA already is green. Maybe that could me and intermediate swap until you get yourself a beast mode VG built.

people keep saying the mini muscle car idea is cool what do you think my car is ? thats been the plan all along for mine :P

people keep saying the mini muscle car idea is cool what do you think my car is ? thats been the plan all along for mine :P

You won an award... Stop your crying, people like your ride.

For me though, if I had a 610 it would be slammed, flared, and VG powered. Probably even a shark nose.

You won an award... Stop your crying, people like your ride.

For me though, if I had a 610 it would be slammed, flared, and VG powered. Probably even a shark nose.

Bonvo's been talking about a VG30 in his 610 since Shelly,,,, and flares,, and lower .... .. probably even a shark nose .... :rofl: :rofl:

Diggin the new ride Micro