Reproduction 510 sheet metal

carterb

I was contacted today by an enthusiast in Australia looking for a 2dr rear 1/4 panel. I quote his e-mail below:

” Hey there,

--snip--

I’m currently in the process of having a lot of panels & parts remade for the 510.

Through a company here in Australia, we are having 4door rear ¼ panels, hoods, boot lids, fenders, badging, chrome strips, bumper bars etc remade from new & old stock parts.

The company in Taiwan making our panels are after a rear ¼ for the 2 door sedan, so they can make their moulds and pres them out.

Do you by any chance have a good ¼ panel, either side, that I can purchase from you, and in return, I will supply you with the new units once made.

Im so excited to finally see some new parts becoming available for the 510.. Its been a long time coming !!

Can you help me at all with my request , or can you point me in the right direction of someone who does ?

King regards

Mark Peacock

Dural Datsun . Dural NSW Australia.

President, Sydney Datsun Club inc & Nostalgic Car Club inc.”

If you are interested in helping, Mark is on facebook àhttp://www.facebook.com/dural.datsun

You can also e-mail him à getthebackout (remove) @gmail.com

Or perhaps contact him through his club à http://www.sydneydatsunclub.com/

Sounds exciting! We all stand to benefit from his work.

--carter

• Like 1
  • Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the post here Carter...

As it says , im after a full rear 1/4 panel... Hopefully can help spawn a new era of repro 1/4 panels for the 510 !!!

In a few months , we will have both bumpers in US & Jap/Aus spec. Guards (fenders), Bonnets (hood), front aprons, eye brow moulds, chrome strips under the bonnet, sill panel (rocker ?) boot lids (hood) and a few badges, door trims & maybe the 72/3 grille assembly..

I'll keep you all posted..

Yeah, I think that would go right up there with the carbon fiber 510 that no one wants to pay for. :D But I see you're joking there. 1/4s would be freakin awesome.

Thanks for the post here Carter...

As it says , im after a full rear 1/4 panel... Hopefully can help spawn a new era of repro 1/4 panels for the 510 !!!

In a few months , we will have both bumpers in US & Jap/Aus spec. Guards (fenders), Bonnets (hood), front aprons, eye brow moulds, chrome strips under the bonnet, sill panel (rocker ?) boot lids (hood) and a few badges, door trims & maybe the 72/3 grille assembly..

I'll keep you all posted..

I don't see core supports or rear tail-light panels on your list. Seems like those are often sought after as well. What kind of pricing do you have in mind. It seems like this woudl take considerable capitol to make the tooling for these parts. Is your club fronting all this? Need a US distributor?

--carter

There's an Aussie company doing taillight panels.

http://www.allmusclecarparts.com.au/webshop/index.php/datsun/1600/datsun-1600-tail-lamp-panel-510.html

Haven't seen one in the flesh although the pics don't look too bad.

Will be very interested to see what the Sydney guys manage to end up getting.

We're keeping a lot of 1600's alive with fiberglass panels, but nothing beats real steel!

There's an Aussie company doing taillight panels.

http://www.allmuscle...-panel-510.html

Haven't seen one in the flesh although the pics don't look too bad.

Will be very interested to see what the Sydney guys manage to end up getting.

We're keeping a lot of 1600's alive with fiberglass panels, but nothing beats real steel!

The same company is doing all the other panels. They have the upfront coin to make the cast iron stamps for the panels in Taiwan.

I'm told they guarantee fitment, so they make the mold off a very good or NOS panel, then stamp a panel and send it back for testing. They can repair the mold to fix imperfections after the fact.

With the question about the rear bars, I would assume they would come with the cutout for the rear bumper light (but I'm also assuming they will be able to supply the light as well).

Um, it's not me doing them, but, I am going to try contacting the guy who is doing these as I am VERY interested to see what they can get done.

If he's not aware, I'll let him know (assuming I can get in touch with him) the interest this has stirred up.

If/when I talk to the guy, I'll post some details.

Does Jap/Aus spec bumpers mean light bar cutout for the rear?- like US spec 68 bumpers?

The cut out happens after the bar is made , prior to chroming.. So will be available for both markets..

I don't see core supports or rear tail-light panels on your list. Seems like those are often sought after as well. What kind of pricing do you have in mind. It seems like this woudl take considerable capitol to make the tooling for these parts. Is your club fronting all this? Need a US distributor?

--carter

My club has nothing to do with this venture. Its allmusclecarparts looking after all the manufacturing. Im just helping out providing as many old stock / NOS parts as i can. I have a large collection of 510's, and am keen to finally be able to get new panels/parts for them.. I will also be testing / fitting up all the sample parts, so they are all spot on before the production run.. Too much invested to get 2nd rate parts..

what sort of price ranges would we be looking at?

Not sure yet.. but i will definately get back to you when i find out..