my other project 1982 Honda Ascot FT500

the need to start a thread has finally hit me as 1- i havnt found another as modified online and 2- for motivation from others

i picked up my ascot from the second owner his uncle was the first and he had learned how to ride bikes on it (so its not perfect) he also had a 2000 yamaha 650 cruiser with rod knock i offered him a trade my labor for his ascot and 2 weeks later he accepted! he had no idea of my intentions and was a little sad the first time he saw the bike but now cant wait to see it finished either

so far i have installed

04 gsxr swingarm and mono shock-gift

01 gsxr inverted forks-gift

04 gsxr wheels-gift

01 gsxr rearsets-gift

future plans include finishing it as i still need alot of little parts and dont really have the cash

on with the pics although i didnt take enough

how it started out

ascot11.jpg

test fitting the swingarm/rear wheel

ascot10.jpg

front end installed which involved pressing out the steering stems and modifying the ascot stem to fit the gsxr lower triple (note hammer for rear shock)

ascot9.jpg

i had started to take a few more pics at this time here a few of the rear shock install

top mount

ascot8.jpg

lower mount

ascot7.jpg

both mounts (shock removed for welding)

ascot6.jpg

ride height after shock install

ascot5.jpg

plate brackets for rear sets (both are the same)

ascot4.jpg

right side on

ascot3.jpg

right on the ground

ascot2.jpg

and left on the ground

ascot1.jpg

hope you like it so far like i said i still need stuff like clipons,upper triple,passenger pegs,my sprockets,chain (going to gsxrs 525),rectangle headlight,front and rear rotors,brake lines and the list goes on im sure this build will take a while as im already 10 months into it but check back if you like what you see!

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

stuff like this is what my career has been for almost ten years i have done similar configurations before with no faults

not sure how i would fault you for that i wanted people from my 521 thread to come here

thanks mcmlxxxv ive been thinking of it as a "resto rod" similar to what people are doing with muscle cars