240Z Drift Car

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

XXR's I wanna sell but for now they'll be my drift spares and the rear wheels are a buddy of mine but I'm using them until he needs them back. Right now I'm just waiting to have a moment with a z the finish the ez wire and then vinyl the car.

Well whenever your ready to sell those guys let me know, I might be interested.

• 4 weeks later...

temporary-2.jpg

temporary.jpg

As my time to work on the shop shortens to this friday the z must be out ny friday. Luckily ive been able to get time on the car here and there to wrench on it. EZ Wire kit actually wasnt all that bad all together when your able to take your time. I even had time to clear out a NES Arcade stick and using it as a switchboard.

temporary-5.jpg

temporary-1.jpg

Found some tires at work then a friend needed to get rid of some tires so now i have a few sets for free so i threw on 205/55's up front and then 215/60's in the back although i want to run 45-50 series cant whine about free tires though.

temporary-4.jpg

The vinyl is coming alrighht i guess the old paint isnt used to being pulled off to much so it leaves whatever was pulled off underneath the vinyl. May just say fuck and spray paint it but im just not patient nor is the exterior a real concern right now.

Other stuff i havent posted i copped a corbeau fx1, schroth used 5 pt and boss adapter for my grip royal wheel. Other than that i should be driving it sometime this or next month

• 3 weeks later...

temporary-8.jpg

Got around to putting the corbeau in with the stock seat rail but it sits just a tad bit high although i dont mind. Mounted the boss hub adapter and threw on the grip royal for some interior bling.

temporary-11.jpg

temporary-13.jpg

Got around to wiring the lights up finnally, picked up some HID's from my homies shop since my last ones were cracked and stopped working. Now i need to start buying some connectors to replace the crimp crap but they'll do for the time being.

temporary-9.jpg

After i pay some bills im going to get my diff welded (or buy one) for a skidpad event in feburary withn some friends at thunderhill. My registration went up a few days ago so I a take care of that so i can drive the car at all. May give up on the vinyl since the paint is so crappy that when I finally lay it down theres too many air bubbles from spaces in the paint. Well other than that our team put out two videos these past few weeks so take a gander.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

dsc_0412.jpg?w=637&h=426

Well although I have not had a chance to work on my car as much as I like to, while changing jobs yet again in the coming weeks, I just dont have the motivation to stay out late and try to make the car run in a neighborhood who already complained about my car once before.

dsc_0420.jpg?w=637&h=426

Onto whats going on here. I got some T3 Bumpersteer spacers to slap on to get me motivated to work on the car again...and it worked.

dsc_0417.jpg?w=637&h=426

Then i remembered these car are old  usually owned by some stupid someone. Well somehow they bent the hell outta my sway bar bolt which resulted in a cutting that shit in half. No pics but I got a matching Corbeau bracket for the FX1 and got a quick release. Seems my hub may be too long so a short hub will eventually be purchased but that can wait.

dsc_00121.jpg?w=637&h=426

After my electrical dilemma I have figured out my starter issue, new alternator, replaced the burnt wires, new ngk spark plugs, put in my gas pedal from my last car and got the motor to start but seems my timing is off yet again after the e12-80 was mounted. Other than that its just a matter of time and patience now.

dsc_04874.jpg?w=637&h=426

Other than my car stuff our Team Feint Heart group has an official logo  working with Attackworks bringing them an idea I had then making into reality.