1967 Ford F100 flareside

SO I dont feel like retyping this so here is the thread i posted on a Old ford truck forum. This is kind of a project i will touch when i finish the datsun. Just thought i would share :)

"Hey all! (If u dont want to read my back history with this truck, skip the first 2 paragraphs.) First off I just want to say when it comes to fords Im a complete newbie. Infact to be completly honest this is the only ford i like haha. But its more of a sentimental thing. Let me start of with saying i Grew up in my dads 1967 F100 lifted 4x4 flareside(stepside). I used to think it was a monster truck lol. given i was only 13 the last time i rode in it. Im now 23 years old as of today. About 10 years ago my dad started to take it apart to give it a freshening up. Then he lost his job half way through. so the truck got put on the back burner. Since then he just never got back around to finishing what he started. so it got parked. Then moved to a storage facility where it has been sitting for the last 5 years.

Well im in the process of helping my father move and i keep seeing boxes and boxes of parts for this thing. I ask him whatever happened to the old truck. says its still sitting out there. But since times are hard right now he hasnt payed the storage fee in a few months and fears he may have lost it. He looked really down about it. SO!! I drove out there that day. pleaded with the storage facility owner not to take my dads truck. I payed off all the backed storage fees and signed the bill over to my own name. I have now started collecting all the boxes and stuff so one day i can start this project. I love this truck and chouldnt stand to see my father lose it. He has so much into it.

Now for the good stuff: the mods

I havent been out to really look at the truck in a long time. so sorry for the vague details. Just going off what dad told me.

390 Big block punched out to a 405

RV cam (dont know details yet)

4 speed tranny with a granny low

750 double pumper carb

lifted im going to say 6in but not positive

Micky thompson signature valve covers

duel shocks per wheel

He repainted it a long time ago, paint it pretty shot these days

This is only stuff i know off hand.

As of right now... the motor will get rebuilt before i bother trying to fire it, the fenders, grill, and headlights have all been removed. I have EVERYTHING for this truck. literally could slap it all back together and it would be complete.

I dont have really any pictures. I will try and take some next time im out at the storage place. unfortunately I wont be able to touch the truck for a while. I have to 2 projects as is going on at my house so no place to store it to get started. once i finish my other stuff this is next in line.

Here is a picture of a picture of what she looked like right before she went down. Thats mom :)

Resampled_2012-06-23_13-12-43_293.jpg

I will be lurking around learning what i can. Im pretty car savy. I work at a auto shop for a living. But honestly this is the first domestic vehicle i have ever owned. Im personally a Datsun guy haha. well thanks for reading if u did. I will update this now and then as i make progress or pick up anything for the truck. It will stay just as it was built by dad. a lifted 4x4. I personally have never seen another 4x4 of this generation aside from dads. especially not a stepside. are these rare?"

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic