F-10, Fugly & no love till now......

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How much are they asking for that goon?

thats a shame, so im guessing the owner of the sedan is practically giving it away then? :P

the same person owns both, she just hasn't brought the sedan home to Vernon yet. She offered them to me a year ago as a package deal.

the same person owns both, she just hasn't brought the sedan home to Vernon yet. She offered them to me a year ago as a package deal.

I seriously feel like I've become hell-bent on finding one lately! Did she have an asking price for the two of them? Obviously I really don't want both, but that goon looks so nice!

I seriously feel like I've become hell-bent on finding one lately! Did she have an asking price for the two of them? Obviously I really don't want both, but that goon looks so nice!

We could split them... I'd prefer the wagon as well, but there's something about an F-10 that I love. I think it's like the pugs of Datsun. They're so ugly theyre cute. You either love them, or hate them.

• Like 2

We could split them... I'd prefer the wagon as well, but there's something about an F-10 that I love. I think it's like the pugs of Datsun. They're so ugly their cute. You either love them, or hate them.

or hate them because you love them or love them because you hate them.

We could split them... I'd prefer the wagon as well, but there's something about an F-10 that I love. I think it's like the pugs of Datsun. They're so ugly theyre cute. You either love them, or hate them.

LOL..... I have been thinking the same thing, and am pretty sure it's why I'm so determined to find one now :rofl: So ugly, only a mother could love that face!

F**k Marvin - what'd he know :thumbup:

the blue wagon looks pretty decent, if I get around to seriously cleaning up the paint on this one it'll look good too for a 30 yr. old ride, It at least now drives around & stops. I have managed to pressure wash out the engine compartment & the undercarriage pretty well some at least I can work on it without looking like the greasy junkyard dog - hate that..

hey, who's got an F10 wiring schematic, I dont have a factory manual anymore (used to own one of these years ago, gave the manual away a few years back, dumb huh)

There are a couple of F10 factory service manuals on eBay for $19.99 free shipping. Waaay more info than any other manuals, especially on wiring.

A guy stopped one evening a couple of weeks ago looking at my F10. He claims to have one just like mine (and who would claim that unless it is true?). He kinda wants to buy it, and I told him I'd kinda probably sell it, but I don't know how serious he is. He REALLY fell in love with my 200SX, and I told him I might even let it go once the 510 is running. The night he stopped, I told him I was just starting wheat harvest and it would be a 2 or 3 weeks before I had time to sell any cars. I'll give him a call the end of this week and see if the prices I gave him scared him off. I think I told him $600 for the F10 and $700 for the SX. I hope he remembers, cause I don't. The reason for even considering selling Datsuns - I really want a 710 goon, although odds are I'll find a 510 one first, which I can live with.

Len

ask & yea shall receive to feed you're affliction......

http://seattle.craig...3195635997.html

before you sell that thing though, sell me a wheel cover please, new guy will have some on his already :thumbup:

I saw those factory manuals on ebay as well, for you northwest guys there's a store in Columbia City called "Books 4 Cars" - on the web too- excellent place for auto manuals.

edp - Thanks for the heads up on the 710 goon. I just finished 3 weeks of wheat harvest on Friday, and spent yesterday and today recovering. The 710 ad gave me something to daydream about on the combine the last few days. Too far for me to travel for a non-runner I'm afraid. Gotta be one here in E WA to be rescued, if I wait long enough. It did occur to me I have a brother living in Puyallup, location of the goon. I don't think I could talk him into towing it to his house and letting it live in his driveway until I came over and got it running (which might take months). His wife is kinda of a neat freak. Although he drove a red 510 wagon many, many years ago, so he might surprise me. Or might keep the 710 for himself. Anyway, the ad seems to be missing from Seattle CL search today, although still shows up from your link.

I'm procrastinating on calling the guy who said he might want my F10. It is what I should do, cause there can't be many potential buyers out there, but I'm not sure I want to see it go. I'll have to keep thinking on this one.

I don't have any F10 wheel covers at all. If an F10 shows at P&S with covers, I'll grab them. Any idea if there were different wheel covers for different years, or coupes and wagons were different?

Len

Forgive my ignorance....Y'all keep useing the word "Goon"...What exactly is a "Goon"?? I already own a 78 F10 "Sportwagon" ( Blue, just like the one in the pic!) and am in need of some small parts!! I'd sure be interested in talk'in to whoever owns that wagon as to buy'in some parts off it....should it become a parts car!

Twoelouie - Goon seems to be Ratsunspeak for wagon (i.e. http://community.rat...goons-check-in/). Don't know who first used the term, although probably someone here on the group knows.

If an F10 shows up at Spokane P&S, I'll post details and can get small parts for you guys. Typically, by the time a Datsun gets to P&S interior and trims pieces are in bad shape, but not always. Chances are one will show up in a Seattle area wrecking yard first though. I don't know if the yards over there list inventory online like Spokane P&S does.

Len

One F10 does pop up with the pick-n-pull search, but it's been there for a month, so there might not be too much left.

Pick-n-Pull - Portland South [More Information]

6241 SE 111th Avenue

Portland, OR 97266 US 503-760-5820

Store Layout Map | Part Pricing

Make Model Year Row Date On Yard Datsun F10 76 0044 07/17/2012

• 1 month later...