SAS 82 720 KC

poor-mans-720

Yea, a little teaser... No pics yet either, gotta get them off my phone. But I bent a tie rod wheeling a week ago. So I took it off, and took the other one off, and instead of putting new ones on, I swapped over to a solid axle. Dana 44 outta an 84 grand Wagoneer. Warn hubs, solid Dutchman long side axle. So far, im $380 dollars into the build and about 4 days of work. Think I can have it done in another day or two. If your wondering, its effing SEXY!!! AND TALL. I haven't even driven on it yet, but I love it already...

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...

I was unhappy with the price of gears, after market parts, and sprung under setup. I bought a set of new 5.29 gears for a toyota off of CL for $150... Turned around and traded them for front and rear axles, detroit locker and some springs. For $200 i got a rebuilt 22R with a cam and weber and tranny and transfer case. $200 into the big brake swap kit, and this is my start to a SECOND SAS

There were alot of things that i changed and BEEFED way up. not so much rigging, and more design involved.

Prepped the frame correctly

WP_002476.jpg

Plasma cut and stupid heavlily built Front hanger

WP_002475.jpg

Grade 10 3/4" bolts and fully rebuilt knuckles and every seal

WP_002528.jpg

WP_002530.jpg

Huge Tacoma brake swap.

WP_002556.jpg

Shock hoops, and SHOCKS!! didnt have them on my last setup...

WP_002557.jpg

WP_002558.jpg

WP_002559.jpg

Oh and 37" super swampers that are going on them in the morning. :)

WP_002563.jpg

She is wider in the front, but i have yet to put in the rear axle to match. that will come soon. This SAS corrected alot of issues that i found doing the first SAS. Live and learn. Was fun, and i put way more time and money into this attempt. Which is fine, it was done right. so I am happy.