Zerow's 610 4-door

zerow

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow...a year since I posted here? I should be banned...

Not really, but just saying.

Here are some recent shots of Betsy...and she has a new sister now.

2015-01-06%2022.22.41_zpsukiduiyo.jpg

20150516_122844_zpstipj5nck.jpg

20150607_124447_zps1hbjmifr.jpg

Nissan Jam!

20150606_201158_zps4hltyjxx.jpg

Sisters...

• Like 6
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Taillight mockup.

Taillights001.jpg

I need some neoprene material to make some decent gaskets. And I need to finish my LED taillight conversion. More to follow on both fronts.

And, yes, that is a NOS 'DATSUN' emblem for her ass... tongue.gifbiggrin.gif

Very nice! By any chance do you have a pic of the rear bumper brackets or the rear of the car with the bumper off?

All right...enough with the secrets...I have something to admit here within my close friends here on the forum...

I messed up my car...

I forgot to close the hood "all the way"...one click and not two. It was a simple mistake. Fortunately the damage caused was at 25 to 30 MPH...and, fortunately the hood did not hit the windshield. But, my hood hinges are overextended. The top cowl/valence is FUBAR. And the wiper linkage is wrecked. The wipers are there for pure amusement and I dragged out my spare valence and painted it flat black to complete the ride. Hence, my need for the wrecking yard trip out to Wilmington to grab sedan specific stuff as well as the repair parts to make her operational. The cowl I picked up today will get a fresh coat of blue paint when I can afford it and the car will be back to her old self.

The definition of irony on this scenario? I just tuned up the wiper motor and went into the house because it had started to drizzle. I closed the hood to keep the motor from getting wet. The test drive was to check the wipers after the rain stopped...

I did this in a 510. Well, my friend only closed it one click after jump starting me. It flew up on the road and I had no lights driving in the dark due to the battery issue. It was an interesting night. I didn't yell at him, because he has helped me out of many jams.

• 2 years later...
On 6/23/2015 at 12:48 PM, MicroMachinery said:

2 four doors? How many whores do you need to cart around?

By the math, I figure I can get a healthy eight-some going. ? 

1 hour ago, datsunfreak said:

And he's back!

Yes, I am back! The Facebook versions of Ratsun have been where I reply to more frequently. For those not in the know, let me give some recap of activity:

1) Graduated from with my degree in Urban Planning with Minor in Geographic Information Systems (I can plan cities and draw pretty maps). That was June 2016

2) Went on cross-country trip with family that summer to unwind from school. Came back in July 2016.

3) Was prepping for job hunting, and had some severe pain (more than usual) in my back from my injury sustained in 2003 in Iraq. August 2016.

4) Had MRI, found that the herniated disc "came apart" with fragments causing all sorts of pain and discomfort. September 2016.

5) Hung up my tools and waited for the surgical date in March 2017.

6) One year of recovery and physical therapy. I have a kick ass job and look forward to some ch-ch-ch-changes to Betsy, so stay tuned.

7) It is good to be alive, walking, and ready to take on projects within the limitations of my recovery.

• Like 1
On 7/16/2018 at 5:48 PM, zerow said:

Yes, I am back! The Facebook versions of Ratsun have been where I reply to more frequently.

7) It is good to be alive, walking, and ready to take on projects within the limitations of my recovery.

That facebook mess is fake Ratsun, yo...  ?

And glad to hear about the recovery going well.  ?

Sick sedans! We are trying to get a sedan back together for my son.. it’s a 74 and missing a lot of parts.. we picked up a 76 wag and have everything we need except a drivers rear door for the sedan.. if you hear of one, lmk.. we want to bring this sedan back from the dead! You can see pics of our projects on my IG redrumlscarjunkie 

thanks for any info! 

Greg 

33 minutes ago, Redrumls said:

Sick sedans! We are trying to get a sedan back together for my son.. it’s a 74 and missing a lot of parts.. we picked up a 76 wag and have everything we need except a drivers rear door for the sedan.. if you hear of one, lmk.. we want to bring this sedan back from the dead! You can see pics of our projects on my IG redrumlscarjunkie 

thanks for any info! 

Greg 

Good Evening, Greg!

As you know, sedan 610s are one of the more difficult Datsuns to find parts to repair/revive. If I may ask, is the door simply not salvageable or is it missing altogether? Most of my sedan bits are accounted for, but I certainly can point you in the right direction for insight and part options. I will check out your projects on IG. My handle is williamwoerz on IG. 

• 2 months later...
On 6/23/2015 at 10:06 AM, zerow said:

Wow...a year since I posted here? I should be banned...

Not really, but just saying.

Here are some recent shots of Betsy...and she has a new sister now.

2015-01-06%2022.22.41_zpsukiduiyo.jpg

20150516_122844_zpstipj5nck.jpg

20150607_124447_zps1hbjmifr.jpg

Nissan Jam!

20150606_201158_zps4hltyjxx.jpg

Sisters...

Two! Awesome! Still looking for a rear driver side door for my sons sedan.. keep an eye out for me..

thanks, Greg

• 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hello William, I was told you could possibly help me. I'm looking for a dual SU intake MANIFOLD only, for the L series engines.

Got any or know where to find one?

Thx

Curt

• 8 months later...
On 6/5/2021 at 5:16 PM, MR2PLUS said:

Hello William, I was told you could possibly help me. I'm looking for a dual SU intake MANIFOLD only, for the L series engines.

Got any or know where to find one?

Thx

Curt

Wish I would have seen this earlier one of my friends had a bunch for sale I believe he sold them all to a friend in Bend, Oregon.