Bare Metal Ford Truck

used to be a big jimmy shine fan... then i got to know him on the stupidest show ever, car warriors

wtf WAS ALL THAT...^^^^

I've never seen the show. Just immediately thought of his truck when I saw the OP. Don't know if there was any shared inspiration but they are very similar. I've also never personally met Jimmy or Jesse either so I don't know if they're actually dicks in real life or not. I think they both have legit build/fab skills but being on camera can make anyone look like a cartoon character.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never seen the show. Just immediately thought of his truck when I saw the OP. Don't know if there was any shared inspiration but they are very similar. I've also never personally met Jimmy or Jesse either so I don't know if they're actually dicks in real life or not. I think they both have legit build/fab skills but being on camera can make anyone look like a cartoon character.

oh i don't know if there dicks ....isn't everyone a dick anyway...i love jimmy's style just annoyed at the personality of the show...editing probably takes all the cool out and inserts ....(insert)drama, u susck and your a dick....(insert) in the show....

biottom line indys pics are of a dope truck ..... my addition to this thread was just static..(.Insert in non dickish tone..)not being a dick, just come across as one online...(insert)

When i said im going to the show , what i should have said was i was driving my truck there and parking in the free parking lot ,across street ..Because i am way to cheap to pay $35. bucks to bring my rig in .. :lol: ...So everyone going into show had to walk around my truck so it`s like i got into the show for free..

1. Go to show

2. park in free parking

3. ????

4. profit

but seriously... :pirate:

wait profit? what were u selling ...yeah me too.. what i shoulda said ... is... i wanna go and will try but more than likely my wifes nagging will wear me down to the point where i just wanna take a nap...missing the show all together...

edit... typing while listening to some 1988 areobic nationals video someone linked on ratsun and liking it..

Totally bitchin'! Wonder how he keeps it from rusting? Doesn't look like it has a clear coat?

+1 ... totally!

A common trick is to use Mop-n-Glo foor shine on bare steel. For custom exhaust on two stroke street bikes it's a great trick, if you want the bare steel with blueing around the welds look. Personally I like that look over a flat black exhaust. It's good for at least a year, with high heat and all, it might last longer on a body?

this thread is very ironic to me because ive considered doing this to my 620. i too was curious as to how these guys fight rust. i thought they just had to constantly maintain it all the time wiping it down with acetone or whatever.

search caddy hack in search feature and do the opposite, both socially and ( well he didnt build it ) so neverrmind...

edit..cliff notes...do oppostie of three people on ratsun...

1. down shifter...

2.caddy hack...

3.jrock....u dont want him n your thread ...period..

oops of four...

4. anyone caught on film doing anything illegal that was posted on ratsun

TV sells drama and people buy it.

I met Jesse James once, he's a pretty cool man with lots of skills and doesn't mind sharing his knowledge.

Jimmy Shine is a cool person too, haven't talked cars with him tho. I've heard from several people that he is an asshole when he is drunk. I saw him twice drunk and he was just the same dude, he even offered me a beer once.

^

that is a good point "drama sells." some of these shows shoot dozens of hours of "boring" footage, but to get ratings they chop it all up

which could give off the wrong impression of people. and a lot of people are assholes when theyre drunk, not always, but sometimes it just

comes out.