Bare Metal Ford Truck

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

that's a bad ass Ford!

Has anybody seen that bare metal Datsun truck?

yes, WAY to much..... an assload of threads on it by several people including a previous owner. i think it was shoved down our throats for a month or so before the subject was dropped.

yes, WAY to much..... an assload of threads on it by several people including a previous owner. i think it was shoved down our throats for a month or so before the subject was dropped.

1666837-thats_the_joke_super.jpg

Totally bitchin'! Wonder how he keeps it from rusting? Doesn't look like it has a clear coat?

i've never tried it on a car, but you can use wd-40 as a sealer... that will keep the rust away for a couple of months. i did this on a bmx bike and it worked well. the ratrod guys have been doing the bare metal thing a lot more lately, i've been meaning to do some more research into it. and yeah i have even heard of people clear coating over rust. most folks seem to think that it is one of the dumbest things you could do to a car, but i don't know i kind of like it. if you can figure out how to stop the rust then why not?

And the plug wires on each side. :)

plus Henry Ford hated sixes with a passion (they were Chevy's bread and butter engine up until the introduction of the 265 CID small block in '55) and didn't even introduce one unti 1941 and even that was a straight six although it was a flathead. Ford was an odd man who fought hydraulic brakes for years, experimented with soy bean pastic type body panels and required the vendor who supplied his Model T coils to ship them in wooden boxes built to his specs so that the empty boxes could be used as seat frames in those same Model Ts.

My bodyman had to correct me about the center port being shared on flathead V8s. ;) Guess I don't know it all! It is deceiving since they all look the same size.

Looks alot like Jimmy Shine's '34.

used to be a big jimmy shine fan... then i got to know him on the stupidest show ever, car warriors...(friends went on the show and built a plit bumper camaro i think...)anyway... he should stayed off camera.... just comes across as a wanna be jesse james .. .I know i know nothing like him... but seriously.;...there's something about building cars like he did ....for so cal... then doing a show like car warriors...ruined it....

that's like lebron james joining the wnba...i don't care how well u can dunk ... all i see is u picking on girls....

car warriors is like the new jersey version of overhauling if over hauling built to cars then tried to pic a winner at the end.....

this is no new style ...came after rat rods... these are true rat rods bare bones look at me and my work.... i love he bare metal look on pre war shit....totally truumps that rat rod shit that was cool at first ... then got played out like a sticker on a honda....

WE ALL KNOW WHERE RAT RODDING CAME FROM,... AT LEAST THE IDEA... RATSUN HAS BEEN RAT ROIDDING SINCE ITS INCEPTION.....WE AREN'T THE NEW PINK WE ARE RATSUN...

wtf WAS ALL THAT...^^^^