cant really think of a clever title...... 710 coupe

Skib

• Replies 697
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

skib this is dope, respectively i think you will have moar funs with this, just looking at the fucked dime while i was at james' was very sad and demotivational, congrats on this and so the s12 is out? i would like to make it down there for a weekend of shenanigans and check this thing out in person!

Remote igniter unit for a EI dizzy. The only cars with that before '78 were the California ones. Starting Sept '74 the California 710s had the EI remote igniter.

so what dizzy does that run? and what is it need/not needed for?

skib this is dope, respectively i think you will have moar funs with this, just looking at the fucked dime while i was at james' was very sad and demotivational, congrats on this and so the s12 is out? i would like to make it down there for a weekend of shenanigans and check this thing out in person!

yeah that thing.......... lol that poor prison raped dime...

lol Iv been on the look out for a good S12 for like 2 years :rofl: itl come to me one of these days

indy is right thats where the voltage regulator and shit lives

iv got the other end of the harness with those plugs on it but havent looked at it yet.

wtf can I delete out of all the shit? idk what half of it is on a 710

The remote igniter box is the same as the matchbox just larger and not miniaturized. All Datsuns had remote igniter ignitions in '78 and all switched to the matchbox in '79. You can run a points coil as long as you find a ballast resister... or a matchbox... but if you can find a remote igniter dizzy it will plug right in.

iv got the other end of the harness with those plugs on it but havent looked at it yet.

wtf can I delete out of all the shit? idk what half of it is on a 710

It all fits behind a black plastic cover. Volt regulator, headlight relay, ignition relay, choke heater relay... the headlight wiring harness and the engine harness plugs into this as well as the fusible links

710IRaltswap007Large.jpg

710IRaltswap006Large.jpg

Well, every thing is realy tied together , it would be realy hard to start ripping the right ones out. I thin, the key would be tucking it away out of sight.

Did the 510 steering wheel hub fit? Thought the splines/shaft size was different, im going down to pull my wheel and mic it now lolol

It all fits behind a black plastic cover. Volt regulator, headlight relay, ignition relay, choke heater relay... the headlight wiring harness and the engine harness plugs into this as well.

deff gotta loose the volt regulator and choke relay

dont need that shit :rofl:

The box under the seat is the starter interlock. It is a device that wouldn't let the car start if the seatbelts weren't buckled. It's probably already been disconnected - everyone hated them at the time, so that's why they were only in cars from 1974

floors all POR15ed

0623121402.jpg

took parts from both dashes (theres a 2 door sedan here too) to make one nice one.

my gauge surround had had holes drilled in it for switches and such.

0623121314.jpg

nice and clean

0623121301.jpg

even got the DZ push button installed

0623121545.jpg

dash that was in the coupe had been upholstered at some point

0623121226.jpg

so I did a quick repair on the pad from the sedan, not perfect but itl do for now.0623121654.jpg

0623121654.jpg

0623121700.jpg

0623121836.jpg

0623121855.jpg

I cut down the volcanoes and then fill them with bondoglass and then a spread of bondo to smooth it out.

I just did a quicky job on it so I sprayed it with a textured under coating to hide the imperfections.

later Ill glass a new pad for it.

SKIB! Can you take pictures of the back of the tach and how it's wired into the car harness, please. I have one but have the non tach dash at present. When I put it in I don't want to make a mistake with it.

Wow dude you make progress fast on your car. Too bad I'll never see it up here in oregon

Ill be moving back to PDX before the end of the year and DDing it

SKIB! Can you take pictures of the back of the tach and how it's wired into the car harness, please. I have one but have the non tach dash at present. When I put it in I don't want to make a mistake with it.

no prob :cool: