B310 rear spring help

mrmark

My 79 B310 hatch has aftermarket lowering springs and they're too low. My tires rub but I like the look/fit of the wheel/tire combo. I was thinking of just putting a thicker perch above the spring, i only need an inch or two at the most(that's what she said!!). I'm looking on flea bay but i'm not sure what to look for. So I either need taller springs or a thicker spring perch, not sure which way to go, i just need it higher. The fronts are coil overs so i can raise the front to match the rear but i don't want to go too high. So, any suggestions.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rockauto has coil springs for the 210 from $58-$66.00 for pair. Just look under Nissan - 79 - 210, I looked under 1.5 L, the load height is 9".

Alternatively you could get some from a junkyard. If the car just recently started rubbing the tires, its possible your shocks are worn out. Do ye olde bounce check and see if the car bounces several times or bounces up once and settles. If it bounces several times then the shocks are worn.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, I finally got my Moog CC243's. I cut one and a half coils out of them, removed the spacers and I'm pretty happy with the outcome. Tires don't rub and at first it was too high in the back so I cranked up my coil overs in the front which put the rake near perfect(for me). I put all new locks in, still got tons to do but at least it's forward progress!

539583_482916508387677_860485704_n.jpg

Got 'em from autopartsexpress on ebay for $46 plus $9 shipping. I read on a rear end swap that an early 200sx rear setup practically bolts into my car so the CC243's are Cargo Coils(progressive rate) for the 200sx. And yes, i cut the "loose" end. I figured if I cut too much off, I could always reinstall the 1.5 inch spacer that was used with my other coils.

• Like 1
  • 5 years later...

I bought a set of these 200sx coil springs for my 81 B310 wagon, along with new KYB Gas a just shocks and installed them today. I wasn't sure if wagons had different springs than sedans or hatchbacks but these springs were a direct swap, no cutting or anything required. They were actually about .25 inches shorter in uncompressed length than the oem springs but my ride height is higher by .75" which is probably because everythingwas worn and old, especially the shocks which were original but not blown, just sticking a bit. Rides like a dream now though!