69 2 door build

Hey, i just picked up this 1969 2 door on june 8th. What i liked most about it was its only been painted once, im the 3rd owner, and its a 2 door. The other cool thing about this build is im only 15 years old, ive had 6 hondas just from trading and ive gotten tired of them and i finally got a hold of my dream car :thumbup: the only bad thing about the car was the passenger side fender was messed up and the bumper was damaged but ive already changed em. The build should go pretty fast because i have all the money from selling my last honda.

ae2ecfe0.jpg

First time looking at the car, bought it the next day

13355650.jpg

3ef6a4d0.jpg

2b024293.jpg

IMG_20120608_165304.jpg

First day at its new home :thumbup:

IMG_20120612_224639.jpg

Brand new fender flares for all around, Brand new XXR 531 16x8 +0 offset

IMG_20120613_162440.jpg

Tires mounted and wheels fit without hitting the struts :w00t:

IMG_20120613_162456.jpg

Ready for rally ha

IMG_20120613_163150.jpg

only bad thing on car, but already got a new fender and bumper

IMG_20120613_163159.jpg

IMG_20120613_203108.jpg

Lost some coils :)

IMG_20120613_203113.jpg

I will post up more pics when i get the fender and bumper on

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well i did it to mock up the wheels to see what issues id face such as rubbing between the wheel and strut, i have eibach springs ima swap on for actual use. thx for the tip tho bro. :)

No problem man.Can't wait to see what you do with this!

Amazing how a little bath will brighten up the potential in these cars, look forward to watching your build come along.

On the driver side B pillar, you'll see a stamped info plate, that will let you know when its birthday is :) prob, dealing with a 70-73 model. which is no big deal in my book.

• 2 weeks later...

Also, is this the stock center console?

nope.

No, that loks like a 620 truck console. AFAIK, Japan was the only place to receive consoles...

The consoles look like this, with a few variations depending on what model it came out of:

7506987432_e418050433_o.jpg

Im in yuma. There are 5 four doors that are in backyards but i dontlike the 4 drs so i talked to the only guy with a 2 dr who had it in his backyard since 89 abd he didnt want to get rid of it because of sentimental value but cash is king :P most out here are low miles, mine only has 69k

I would venture to guess that it has many more miles than 69K... Just by looking at the overall condition, I would say at least 169K. Its probably turned over once. If just reading the odometer was true, then I have 16K original miles.

The car was first owned by a old man then sold to the guy i bought it from who had it parked outside since 91. The body is basically rust free but the paint makes it look bad. After it sitting sit 91 i just poured gas into the carb and it started right up :)