ATTN: GA Ratsun members!

With the amount of GA Ratsun members it's time we plan a meet! There's been some interest and I've been thinking about it for a year or so and it's about time to set it up.

Anyone interested in helping plan one, post in here so I can put names together so I can figure out the amount of people to expect to see to pick out a location.

Any time/date/day of the week that you guys would like let me know and we can start planning around everyone's schedule.

I'd like to see it sometime mid july-ish on a Saturday (for obvious reasons) I was thinking about meeting around Wildhorse Creek Park here in Marietta, since it's a nice sized location around a lake with lots of room to move. I've also been looking at area's around Dallas/Paulding.

I don't want to make it a parking lot meet if at all possible, just because they seem to be sloppy and we won't be able to move around freely. Parks are a great place and have facilitys for our groups.t

So the official meet information follows:

Wild Horse Creek Park

3820 Macedonia Road

Powder Springs, GA 30127

July 22nd 2012

3:30 p.m to ????

Come hang out! Bring the kids. Theres a lake with lots of ducks/geese that are social and fun to feed bread to as well as a BMX track that the kids can ride around on. We have bathrooms and a closed pavilion (unless someone else hi-jacks it before us!)

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We can have a cookout at Wildhorse Creek Park! They have grills and covered seating at the park. It would be the longest drive for most of you though!

UNLESS we find another park that will allow us to have them and we can bring our own.

I'll be there. The marietta/paulding area would be great for me since I'm right next door in kennesaw but it would probably be a long drive for some. A cookout sounds like a great idea too. And if we have it near paulding county there's an abandoned dragstrip right over there too.(I'm not saying, I'm just saying :) )

Maybe. My buddy and I used to go there every once in a while untill one night one of paulding countys finest was there waiting for us lol He said they were gonna lock it up I don't know if they ever did, that was a couple years ago... I'll go scope it out soon its basically in my backyard.

Edit: just saw your post in the old thread metal... I keep running into bs after bs on this damn car so mid July might be a close call for getting it running with the way work is gonna be for me in the next few weeks but I've been spending every waking moment on the weekend doing what I can to get her going. I think late July would be better for me and with trying to keep it before august for the guy who said he couldn't make it after that

Yeah man, if you get a chance check it out. I'd love to meet at an old drag track.

If you ever need a hand, I'm about a 30 minuet drive down the road. I'm in the Marietta/Austell area, so I'm right in your back yard.

Edited by metalmonkey47

Make it Closer to NC so I can come, then again if the truck keeps acting up and not wanting to do over 60mph I may shoot it before then.....

Well, keep sorting it out man ;)

I'd like to do one up near Helen GA soon which is in your neck of the woods, so that's on the table.

How does sometime between July 1st (sunday) sound around maybe noon-ish??

We can organize a meet/hangout for the first one, and then a BBQ at a later date perhaps? BBQ may be a tricky one to organize.

Edited by metalmonkey47

O Yeah I got a better idea, why don’t we do a JCCS ( Japanese Classic Car Show) in Georgia , I been planning this for over a year I been in contact with the embassy of Japan ,Garage Zero, Southrnfresh,Kizuma Customs, Nos energy drinks, to collaborate with me on this. I just need to find the perfect sport for it and WALA!!.

We can also have our Datsun meet at the par,in July that will be no problem, but guys this event that I’m getting together will be a one of a kind, and any help on this will be gladly appreciated.

We could do that Juan. I'd love to have a southeast JCCS style meet.

This one I guess we're going to aim for July 1st unless anyone has any objections.

Probably won't be a BBQ meet, more of a chill and shoot shit meet for now. Unless someone wants to step in and help me pull together a BBQ. I'll be taking pictures for my blog I've set up with friends.

I'm gonna leave the location open for discussion right now since Powder Springs may be a little far for some of you guys. We'll have to get the location set in stone ASAP though.

July 1st isnt looking good for me either. Middle of july sounds good but I'd say the 21st rather than the 22nd so that it would be on a saturday.

Cashi, that sounds awesome! If you need a hand putting it together let me know. I organized a charity car show in 2009 and again in 2010. The last one was at Lake Lanier Resort (not a good location as it turns out lol)

22nd it is!

We'll be having more Datsun meets soon, so don't be discouraged if you can't make this one. We're pushing north for the next meets. This one's just really gonna be an introductory meet for everyone in the area.

I'm gonna go ahead and say that we're gonna do it at Wildhorse Creek Park here in Powder Springs, next to Tapp Middle School since there aren't really any objections