Cooper - 1969 1600SSS Bluebird Coupe

Just be careful where you place that damp rid.... probably cloth seats so dont have to worry to much but my step dad used something like that in his old firebird with leather seats.... I think it was similar but the stuff was in a bag, because I think he hung it up .. I dont remember if it fell or he placed it on the seat but I sucked all the moisture out of the leather in his seat and ruined it.

• Like 1
  • Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

I run a "clamp on" gas pedal in Cooper.

large.1882577263_02172021cooper(3).JPG.7

It mounts to the stock linkage and I love it!

large.703065949_02172021cooper(2).JPG.36

large.199431205_02172021cooper(1).JPG.83

I want to do this on my other 510s as well - getting rid of the floor mounted/hinged pedal. 

I usually have pretty good google skills but I can't seem to come up with a description that shows me one of these kits for sale.  Maybe it was home-made?  Have any of you seen one that you can point me to?

• Like 1

Closest I could find but no clamp - you might need to make the clamp. This website has lots of pedals. Now you have me thinking about one - I was going to go with the JBC pedal adapter and Nissan Sentra pedal assembly but your pedal is moar better.

https://imaginemotorsports.com/steeda-autosports-heel-toe-gas-pedal-15-16-mustang-555-1273/

STD555-1273__84138.1596242916.jpg?c=1

If you don't mind doing some mild modification to the pedal you buy, just look up "gas pedal cover" and choose one that is quality enough to stand on its own.   The one Rosso posted looks tough enough to stand alone.  Many are thin and just mean to go over an existing pedal, so if you buy that kind, plan on also cutting out a new pedal from some sheet/plate to put under the cheap cover.