1969 Datsun Bluebird Coupe SR20 Build

i was thinking of doing a rack and pinion. the LHD 510s use the RHD 240z rack and pinions so it would make sense to use the LHD on my bluebird right? and how hard is it to make the brackets on the crossmember for the rack?

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i was thinking of doing a rack and pinion. the LHD 510s use the RHD 240z rack and pinions so it would make sense to use the LHD on my bluebird right? and how hard is it to make the brackets on the crossmember for the rack?

These are the 620 mounts we've used. It turns out there are a few different heights. I know from experience some fit sweet some don't. That's a NA S15 SR20DE (non turbo)

IMG_0504.JPGI used a ZX rack with is the same as the Z rack it just sits behind the centerline of the wheel. Which is what you need in a dime. The problem is it's to narrow a rack to fit around the SR block. S12 is your best bet. I've used that one a few times and been really happy with it. Plus you can add power steering. Which a 510 doesn't need but I like how it dampens out feedback from bad roads. Makes the car feel much more stable.

i want to some what replace all leakable seals and such on my sr is there a seal kit i can get my hands on?

If you are not diggin into the engine you can buy seals individually and those would be the front cover seal, rear main seal, valve cover seal, chain tensioner seal. There is an OEM gasket/seal kit out there at $200 but this kit is great if you are planning on a full rebuild.

A good source for OEM and aftermarket for SR's is FRSPORTS.COM you can also score good deals on ebay for OEM seals and even the front cover . Look for sellers nissanwestcovina and nissanchesapeake