1969 Datsun Bluebird Coupe SR20 Build

i bought a bluebird about 2 months ago and got it shipped over here. and i got the stock motor pulled and is ready for the sr20. ive been collecting parts here and there i hope you guys like it. let me know what you guys think. im probably gonna need some help from the fellow rats... hahahahah so here she is.

WP_000015.jpg

WP_000041.jpg

WP_000053.jpg

my first question will be can the stock sr20 mount be used or will the motor sit too high?

:]

• Like 1
  • Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hahahaha thanks I know alot people on here say coupe and its the sedan... :\ but ya skib your the man to talk to ey?

Dislexicdime

Philcas1987

Dennis

Or just about anyone you see with a complete SR in their car with pictures to prove they did it. I dont think you can use the SR mounts...

you can use new 510 mounts or 620 mounts. The best mounts for the job are McKinney Motorsports mounts http://mckinneymotorsports.com/prod_DATSUN+510+SR+SWAP+PARTS . You cannot use the stock SR mounts, they will not fit onto a reversed 510 crossmember. I used new 510 mounts and had to use a thick 2mm washer so my center link would not hit the transmission mounting flange on the engine. You do not need any spacers with the McKinney mounts plus they are beefier and you can get the poly pads with them. I will probably go this route in the near future. Topher has them in his 510, maybe he can chime in.

Note, try to stay away from the McKinney stuff as much as possible. I have heard numerous quality issues with their cross members. You can have your cross member flipped by Futofab and you can buy your transmission cross member from Experimental Engineering or http://stores.ebay.com/Mr-510s-Store?_trksid=p4340.l2563 (mr.510 is experimental engineering). The sway bar is the tricky issue, Dan Gallmeister who use to have a shop DGR sells them on ebay when he does a production run. They usually sell out in a week or two. You can contact him on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/dan.gallmeister and see if he has one laying around or when he is going to get the next batch going.

Thanks guys!! I was wondering Dennis are the poly mounts stiff? I don't want it vibrating my car too much wanna keep it smooth as possible. And I bought it for about 5gs and my dad already had a container ready from Japan with his stuff in it so I just stuffed the bluebird in there. Super x on yahoo Japan? I have no clue about the grill im confused about grills. Its a sss tho

jealous jealous jealous jealous jealous jealous jealous jealous jealous jealous jealous jealous jealous jealous jealous jealous jealous jealous jealous jealous jealous jealous jealous jealous jealous jealous jealous jealous jealous jealous jealous jealous :sneaky:

Very cool project!