Jesters King Cab

My folks came over today and i borrowed my moms camera to take a couple pics. She is going to email them to me when she gets home. That is if they ever leave. I guess I shouldn't complain, at least my wife and mom get along so well.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OK. Finally got my photos.

cid_X_MA1_1232864968aol.jpg

cid_X_MA1_1232865433aol.jpg

A picture of my new seats.

cid_X_MA1_1232865210aol.jpg

The Volvo radiator was like $60. I just welded two small pieces of angle iron on the front cross member an attached a piece of alum. sheet that I bent up in the garage to hold the top. The lower radiator hose is the stock 620 hose and the upper is an off the shelf unit from Car Quest. You can see the part number in one of the photos.

Why thank you sir. I'm getting pretty stoked now. Makes a big differance when you start doing stuff that shows up. I'm going to hold off on doing anything else to the "apperance". I'm going to concentrate on the fixes that need to be done.

1) I need to re seal the cab. Got a leak that needs to be fixed. I just don't want to have to tear the interior apatt to do it. But, it need to happen to do it right.

2) I also need to pull the engine back out and re seal it as well. As you can see from the pictures, my driveway looks like the strip area at the local yard.:lol:

Q: Does anyone know where to get seals for a 5 speed? I wouldn't mind putting new sychros(? spl) in as well.

Thanks Jason. I guess when I pull everything apart again, I'll try and get some seals for the front and back at least. Maybe split it and take a good look inside just to check it out. Does anyone know if the synchros are the same for the 4 speed? The one in my Hustler seems to shift beautifully.

• 4 months later...

Wow! Been a while for this one. Being doing all kinds of crap to the truck the last while. I replaced the engine (kinda). I had an "extra" engine that was out of wrecked KC I bought for parts. Turns out that under all the grease was a fresh .030 over L-20. Put my closed chamber, square port head on.I put some dual SU"s on and had Steve at Z-Therapy tune them for me. What a guy. Eninge bay is all Orange and gloss Black.

Redoing the interior in grey and black. Then I will change the color of the interior metal to Orange. New windshield as soon as this screwed up weather is gone. Also loolking to have the entire exterior in Flat Black. I want to eventually have the fenderwells and bed liner in Orange as well.

I have Friday and the whole next week to work on my truck.:D:D Funds are limited but my daughter want to help me get it ready for Camby so, we'll see.

Look forward to meeting some new faces and seeing ones from last year.

Edited by Jester
  • 2 weeks later...

What a great week! Got a load of stuff done on the truck. Got some pictures for you. I should have put these up BEFORE Canby. Once I got home I thought I would update my project thread with some photos. Besides who doesn't like photos around here. laugh.gif

This is Saturday morning a little after and 8:00am. We didn't prepare for the weather too well. My gear head daughter waiting out the weather.
100_2876.jpg

Here is a walk around my truck.
100_2894.jpg

Desided to clean up the emblem a little and that turned into me repainting the red and blue stripes.
100_2896.jpg

100_2909.jpg

I elected to go with a few colors on the interior. The seats are Black with a grey scroll in the fabric. So, I left my faded black dash I saved from the Hustler and put down dark grey carpets. I used a spray on dye for the door panels, headliner, console and all kick panels. I tried it on my seat belt. No good. Time for new belts. The mats my daughter found at the the local Pick a Part for 5 bucks.
100_2902.jpg

100_2899.jpg

The pipe is off a Bussa. I had to notch the frame to get it to tuck up inside it's new home. The plate, I took adapter out that holds the lisc plate light AWAY from the plate itself. It is now welded to the plate bracket that is now 1 1/2" shorter and much straighter vertically. The whole unit was moved to the rear as far as I could without trapping the light cover and welded it back down.
100_2900.jpg

I had to do something to keep the pump jockeys smile'n.
100_2901.jpg

While I was doing my engine work I switched over to a 510 water pump. I WANT to go electric pretty soon.
100_2907.jpg

I thought I tranfered photos of my engine bay but I guess not. I'll get those loaded and posted in a little while.

• 2 weeks later...

looks alot better...

when i came back from my trip my dad was talkin bout canby and said that you knew me and said you had a black truck with strips.. i was like "no i dont know anyone on ratsun with that kind of truck" guess its been awhile since ive seen this truck updated.. now i know .. lol

Guest DatsuNoob

Man, I hadnt noticed your lettering until just now. Looks really good! How does that Hayabusa muffler sound? I'll bet it gets loud huh? Love the truck dude

Man, I hadnt noticed your lettering until just now. Looks really good! How does that Hayabusa muffler sound? I'll bet it gets loud huh? Love the truck dude

The pipe is not load at all. It's actually quite nice. The wife and I take the truck to run around in all the time and we can actually have a conversation. Although A/C would have been nice today. :lol:

The lettering is just outlined in paint pen. Not a high dollar job by any means.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks. I'm trying to find enough headlight rings with ALL the tabs so I can put them back on. I have two out of the four needed. Then it will look really good. Thanks for all the comments.:cool:

Thanks. I'm trying to find enough headlight rings with ALL the tabs so I can put them back on. I have two out of the four needed. Then it will look really good. Thanks for all the comments.:cool:

Jes, I have a spare LF inner headlight ring for you, And i am needing a RF inner ring if you have one.:D