Jesters King Cab

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

100_2469.jpg

A new fender and door from the pick a part.

100_2470.jpg

100_2474.jpg

Finally got the new hoses and everything needed to install the radiator.

I went with a '91 Volvo 240. The lower radiator hose ended up being the stock lower hose. The upper I got from Car Quest, right off the shelf with no mods. :D

100_2473.jpg

For the lower mounts I used two 1" long pieces of 1X1X1/8" angle iron.

100_2472.jpg

The upper mount I made out of a sheet of aluminum I cut 4" wide 17" wide.

And a shot of things to come.:cool:

100_2475.jpg

I like the truck keep us posted on what is going on with it. I also like the grill hanging above the garage doors. Here is mine in side my garage. My jeep windshield frame from when I rolled it and a cj grill I aquired.

Garagewall.jpg

Ya, I have a jeep problem. :D:D I have a 3B, CJ5 and a the grill form my OLD Wagoneer hanging above my spare 4.0L. Plus the CJ grill hanging in my sons room. Plus a 47 Willys PU cab that sits in the back yard awaiting it's turn for a future project.

BTW: Nice windshield. :lol: At least I know you were having fun that day.

biggrin.gif It is. It's off a GSXR1000. It sounds pretty cool but I think it's a little restrictive. I did however get a different one from a Bussa. It has a 2 1/4" inlet that will work very nicely with new exhaust.
The Gixxer pipe I'm thinking of pulling the baffle out of it to make it a more straight through flow and putting it on the Hustler. I'll let you know how it turns out. I'll have to see if my daughters MP4 will record sound. Maybe I can post a sound clip.

• 2 months later...

hey just read all of this thread this truck was a real project and looks good front he last pictures you had. have you done anything more to the truck if you did you should get some pictures up

BTW i love how it looks in these three pictures if i got a truck to that spot i would leave it all mixed and matched it looks SICK

100_2469.jpg

A new fender and door from the pick a part.

100_2470.jpg

100_2474.jpg

It has been a lobar of love. I will be posting some more pictures soon. I work on just about every day. I spent the better part of Christmas day working on it. Mainly just small stuff on the interior, finishing little details in the engine bay. Stuff that isn't easily seen in progress pictures.

I decided to change the fluid in the rear diff and the tranny. THE TRANNY WAS DRY!!! Gald I haven't driven it to any length yet. I have two of the titans mounted. Of coarse on the back. I still need to get my front hubs machined so I can mount up the fronts without spacers and longer studs.

I'll keep you updated. Pics to follow soon. I'll be outside later working on it.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for the lack of updates here. I have just been working on it. Well, slowed down a little with the cold. Stripped the roof of all the rust on the passanger side and repainted it with Acid etch #8 and some flat black. Turned out OK for now.

I did get the rear Titans mounted and just dropped my hubs off to be machined today. So, as soon as they get back I will get those mounted and take some updated pictures.

Been dick'n around with the interior some. Got the guage cluster lights ALL working, cig lighter installed (gotta have that), heater overhauled with a good core and fresh foam. New foam around all the trap doors, one new cable and a good heat valve. Still need the piece for the low speed on the fan motor. Three trucks at the local Pick A Part and not one of them had a good one. Have a new windshield gasket, just waiting for warmer weather to put the new glass in.

Will get the floor redone with POR15 as soon as I fix my damn leak on the drivers side. It looks like it is coming in from between the firewall and the windheild cowl. Need to pick up some new seam seal and redo the whole thing. :mad:

Hoping to get the new bearing and seals for the hubs this week and get my 388 gears intalled as well.

Later

Jes

Right now I'm just waiting on a call from Beebani saying their ready to be picked up. :D

Right now she looks like a whore. Four differant colors of paint, Butterscotch, Blue, Grey primer and Black primer. 225-40-18's with Titans on the rear and rusty 14" chrome spokes with some 195-60's on the front. She's a real beaut. :lol:

I WILL post some updated pics as soon as I get some rubber on the front Titans.

Today was fun. Got my hubs on with no issues. Thanks Bee! Found a set of used tires in Woodburn. NOTHING in the Salem area for the size I wanted. 225-45-18. Mounted them on the rear and put my 225-40-18's in the front. Looking good but too high in the front. Dropped off my old crappy chrome spokes to Phlebmaster and headed home to lower the front 2". Looks MUCH better now.

I know the deal, no pictures-didn't happen. Well my damn camera is dead and I'm not going to spend the $14. for batteries right now. Beebani and phlebmaster can vouch for me.:D

Today was fun. Got my hubs on with no issues. Thanks Bee! Found a set of used tires in Woodburn. NOTHING in the Salem area for the size I wanted. 225-45-18. Mounted them on the rear and put my 225-40-18's in the front. Looking good but too high in the front. Dropped off my old crappy chrome spokes to Phlebmaster and headed home to lower the front 2". Looks MUCH better now.

I know the deal, no pictures-didn't happen. Well my damn camera is dead and I'm not going to spend the $14. for batteries right now. Beebani and phlebmaster can vouch for me.:D

Thank you very much! It was nice meeting you and your son. :D

And your new wheels look awesome!

Edited by Phlebmaster

^^^^laugh.gif :lol:

No, that's cool. I haven't been able to get phone to talk to my computer or I would do it that way. Bee, can you? I can send you a new one with the front lowered down. Me and the boy lowered it last night. My 8 year old lowered his first truck.biggrin.gif And yes, he did a lot of the work with me.