Jesters King Cab

A bit of talk going on in the truck section on my new KC. Thought I would start a new thread here to keep the added threads to a min.

Heres a few shots that aren't in the other.

100_2018.jpg

Fairly complete all brown interior. I do have the tray.

100_2019.jpg

Steriod: This is the chalky crap I was talking about. This is the worst spot.

100_2020.jpg

100_2023.jpg

Not to sure what to do here as Steriod says these are RARE and hard to get hold of. Color is faded BAD!!

100_2024.jpg

Anyone have an extra light cover for this?

100_2025.jpg

Floor boards looked pretty good after cleaning

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As you can see, someone did a little HACK job on the wiring. The second photo shows a pic of the cluster of relays. Are these ALL correct and which one is missing. There appears to be a spot for one more under the one on the left (closest to the headlight).

100_2015.jpg

100_2017.jpg

Starting from the Right (windshield side) I BELIEVE it goes; Ign relay, Horn relay, then it should be a 4 pin plug for the Choke relay, and then ?????

Where should my wiring be plugged into? The wiring on the 620 site just isn't clear to me. But, I'm not an electician either.

It does look Orange, but, it's actually a butterscotch color. I want to turn it into my new daily driver. I love my '76, it's just too damn small for me 6'1".

Having a tuff time getting it to run. It gets power to both sides of the coil with the key at the on possition. Has the matchbox dist. Any thoughts?

The negative side of the coil should only get flashes of power as you turn over the motor. This is the signal for the coil to fire.

If there is constant power to the negative side when your turning it over then your module may be toast.

Check that, then go through the list Bleach gave ya :)

Thanks for the ideas.

I didn't think both sides of the coil should have full power with just the key in the "ON" position. The PO did some fansy wiring and I suspect that is part of the problem. If you guys could take a look at the above pictures and tell me what, if anything, is missing that would be cool. I think I am missing a relay and that the one on the left is not correct.

Thoughts?

Went and took another look at the other KC ('78) the guy had. It DEFINITELY has a 5 speed. The sticker on the tailgate is still readable through the crappy rattle can paint job and I CHECKED the pattern for sure!! It also has an unmolested wiring harness for the engine. It appears to have a mix-match interior. Black dash but everything else seems to be brown. Even has the corner pieces and back for the KC in brown. SWEET!! Drivers floor was absolutely shot but well worth the $50.00. :D

I'll post a few pictures of my new parts truck later this weekend.

Thanks for all the feedback on my projects. You guys are all a lot of help.

Jes

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Did some MORE swapping of parts tonight. Finally go the other KC home and have torn the living shit out of it. Used the wiring harness from it and the good KC to make one good one. Got the relays all dialed in. Working on getting the 5spd. out of the shit bucket to put in my good truck. The back panel and both side panels for the KC were in tact and in good shape. And brown no less. The inst. panel was perfect! Kept the slider in the back window. Nicely tinted and in good shape as well. Stole a bunch of parts in the doors to get the other one in good shape. Now BOTH doors close and have windows.

I have been looking at all the pictures that Bee posted in the 620 threads. There was one truck in particular that had a "75? grill in a KC. Looked bitch'n. I have been thinking of doing the same thing. Well, I finally did it tonight. I couldn't bring myself to just throwing the crappy looking '78 grill in my nice daily, so, I gave it a shot with some Krylon Fushion. I used the "Nickle Shimmer" color. Damn does it ever look good. I'll try to remember to post some pics tomorrow. It's a little too dark to get any good photos tonight.

• 1 month later...

Hey all. Have a question. I tried looking at the 620 site for head info, but, it's down. I have three heads to choose from.

U67

W53

W58

Please don't ask if they are open or closed. I have no idea at this point. In general, which one would be a good choice for a daily driver with a stock cam (for now) and bottom end. Have a Holley 32/36 waiting for a home.

Looking for a set of smog free manifolds for it too.

U-67 has the square exhaust ports so you would need a matching square exhaust manifold for it.

The W-53 is about the same as the U-67 but the intake ports are smaller

The W-58 is very basically a U-67 but with round exhaust ports needing a round exhaust manifold.

Here's a closed chamber, or p-nut head:

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q251/datzenmike/01300019.jpg[/img]"]01300019.jpg

Here's an open chamber head:

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q251/datzenmike/motorW-58openL20B78620.jpg[/img]"]motorW-58openL20B78620.jpg

OK. So the W58 has the crap in the exhaust. Is it removble? Are these an open champer head only? Are they in the U67 also?

Right now the KC has the W53. I will be putting new exhaust and intake manifolds (and gaskets) on so why not do a head gasket and see how things look on the topside. Should I just leave it or do some swapping?

Thanks for the help Mike!!!!

WOW! I need to update some photos here. I've been so damn busy this summer I have just been pecking away at little shit till this weekend.

I pulled the engine and 5spd from the parts truck, pulled the rebuilt engine out of the good KC, put the 5spd behind the rebuilt and reinstalled them together. Repainted the engine bay flat black and left the engine blue. (Po's color choice)

Not a lot of progress on the interior. I did order a new set of brass shifter bushings so that's one less rattle to listen to.:D

Scored two gallon of OSU orange paint from the painter on the job site. :rolleyes: He said just scuff it, wipe it and shoot it. It's kind of a satin orange. Will look bitch'n with a satin black windshield cowl, hood and the top part of the fenders. Thinking I may have to have the Titan's painted too.:cool:

• 1 month later...

Hey all, Got it running last night. I don't have the radiator in yet, so, it was just a short little burst. Got the fuel pump and new carb primed, set the timing mark at 10 deg (for now), cranked the dist. close to fire point and she fired RIGHT NOW! The wife and daughter came running out when they heard the exhaust coming from the GSXR muffler I put on. :D Fuck'n sounds cool! Felt good to have all the effort I've been putting into this damn thing pay off. So now it's time to find a VW alum. radiator and get that sucker mounted. I want to drive this SOB!

Finally switched back to 5-8's instead of 4-10's at work. Should be able to take some pics in the daylight so I can update this thread.

Went to the wrecking yard today and ordered my radiator. Went to just look at some alum. radiators and the guy behind the counter asked what year. I told him they don't have what I need I just want to look. As it turns out he had a 521 that he put a 90's Volvo 240 radiator in. He is getting me the entire system for $65.00. Right now it's in Portland and will be here in a couple days. I don't get paid till Thursday so I'll just have to wait.

Also, took the washer bottle motor apart to clean it. It wasn't working. Imagine that. LOL The old hose was rotted so I used a 1/2" vacume cap that I cut the end off of and it fit perfect. No leaks.