• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Original 155/85/13 was 23.37" dia

Front 205/40/17 is 23.45" dia

Rear 215/45/17 is 24.61" dia

So not much, front is the same diameter tire, rear is only 1.25"overall taller. Meaning only raised the car 5/8" in the rear.

Just looks donked out. :thumbup:

Better than this :

Picture214.jpg

A slight lowering will improve handling and fuel economy. At the expense of ground clearance and a slight loss of supension travel.

Deep lowering (over 2 inches) will lose much suspension travel and result in a poor ride unless extensive modifications are done. So 1 to 2 inches is often desireable.

Putting wider/lower diameter tires preserves the original suspension travel and steering geometry and is an even better way of lowering. But then you don't get today's Large Rim styling.

When the car is lowered by shorter springs, the suspension arms (LCAs) are closer to parallel with the ground.

24548.jpg

By contrast, lowering by fitting low-profile tires preserves the original geometry.

24549.jpg

• 1 year later...
riv1.jpg

Dang... that's what I had in mind. That looks amazing

@GGZilla thanks for those diagrams!

Apologies for the old thread bump....another day, another question - how is the stance in this pic likely to have been achieved? what would be the size of those wheels and the profile tyres? and how much of drop all round is this?

I'm looking to lower my 120y and looking for some new wheels too, but need to get a better idea of what I'm after

IMG_5318.jpg

That's amazing  :wub:

I want that grill so bad but can't find one to save my life :( Everyone wants this grill insteadl:

three10_aX9y_4.jpg

Overrated imo... But I love this color scheme :P

Just a side note on lowering the B210, their axle is smaller diameter than most block kits. Some people have gotten away with squeezing the u-bolts to pop them through the shackles, but the proper after market blocks for these cars are $145+ shipping... 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DATSUN-1200-SUNNY-REAR-LOWERING-BLOCKS-5cm-2-NISSAN-B10-B110-B120-B122-B210-/370996860424?pt=Vintage_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item566122d608&vxp=mtr

These blocks are also more narrow than most other kits. IMO you could probably get some block made cheaper here in the US and then source the u-bolts. Maybe old live axle toyotas have similar sized axles?

My contribution:

IMG_20140227_125421_zpsc0fe9c26.jpg

Lowered via 300lbs of parts in the trunk/back seat :P

Knowing this, either my springs are really worn in or the spring rate is horrible. Really wanting stiffer rear suspension so I'm thinking of going with composite springs built for a 2" drop.