Anyone put their 620 to work, well I do.

Suspect

This is almost a daily ritual, using the 73 620 haulin shit. This is just one of my loads, loaded it yesterday, taking it in today. The big stuff is 4 motors 5 transmissions, and a rear differential. There is all kinds of shit in it though. This isn't the biggest load I've ever. I believe the 4800LBS of 1/2 cinder blocks in the bed was the biggest. That load was actually a little frightening, luckily I only had to go a couple miles.

I've hauled just about anything with this truck, its just amazing that this extremely tired L16 puts up with me. Its always a plus to see the amazment on peoples faces at the scrap yard tipping the scales at almost 10,000 lbs at times with a Datsun pickup (including truck and trailer that is). Then when I unload everything and collect my check, before I get back to the truck, there is a groupe of people looking at it.

The truck is nothing fancy, tired L16, dogleg 5 speed transmission, stock rear end, motor home dually adapters, and old school slots.

IMG_1374.jpg

IMG_1375.jpg

IMG_1376.jpg

IMG_1377.jpg

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I;m still looking to buy a working 620 as mine bed won't hold anything as theres more holes than metal, but heres my 1200 pickup getting used for what it was intended for :) Can't see the point of owning a truck if you just shave the bed hooks off and drive around with nothing in the back.

b122coll.jpg

last pic is moving house for a mate. We got a few looks during the 40 mile journey!

• Like 3

Well, i dont have a DATSUN truck but my '97 hardbody single cab has definitely seen some heavy use. Its hard to use it like a datsun because nissan saw fit to equip a TRUCK with 3.54:1 rear gears... I had 900lbs of grapes in the back of my truck from roseville ca to placerville, up the hills and all.

towed almost 2000, plus about 500 in the bed to the last Pare swap meet.

I dont have any pictures of it, but when I moved from Idaho to Utah I packed everything I owned in the back of my 620 and left. I also use my truck every time I move still. Now that I lowered it not sure how it'll fair next time...

Can't see the point of owning a truck if you just shave the bed hooks off and drive around with nothing in the back.

I can! Because a 1200 pickup is a car it is fun to drive. And only rated for 1/2 ton (500 kg payload) anyways.

Nice photos.

yup.my black 73 is loaded right now for a dump run. just gotta get teh $$ together to do it. but i have hauled some stuff with my trucks. here it is with some wood and a cab.

th_SDC10252.jpg

unloaded

th_SDC10253.jpg

cab. brought that back from PORTLAND to Monroe like that. got some interesting looks that day :D

th_SDC10237.jpg

I wish I had a picture of my 620 hauling all my aircooled VW stuff to be sold at a VW show, and then to drop off two more loads of stuff. It is suprising how much it can haul. I even hauled another 620 home one a 2 wheel tow dolly, but that was a bit scary!

Suspect, it kind of breaks my hear tot see the bumperettes on the trailer bed... I have been hoping to find some of those for my daily driver!

• 2 weeks later...

As far north as Vancouver, BC.

As far south as Grants Pass.

As far west as Seaside, Or.

As far east as Enterprise, Oregon.

Pulling a two horse trailer, with two full sized show horses, not miniature ones.

With a 521.

It has also been to Canby, many times, but way before Datsuns NW Canby. Again, with horses.

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...