Yet another KA24DE 620 Build! Oics heavy!!

acehaole_620

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

you know i kind of wish i went this route your going.

Its never too late!!! :thumbup: Im trying to do this build as cheap as possible, but doing it of course correctly. I hope i can clear stuff up for people that want to do the swap! I ask alot of questions to the resources we have here on ratsun and its great! Ill summarize and be as detailed as possible!!

Updates!!!

Radiator Clearance (A little issue, fan wont clear with fan clutch but i think i resolved it)

6fbb195a.jpg

03d9bf6e.jpg

16400a3a.jpg

Radiator Mounted (Hope this will cool the radiator, if not I will have to get a larger solution, seems ok for now)

2a303c69.jpg

2dad0208.jpg

Fuel Pump Mount ( I've been trying to figure out what to use to mount my fuel pump under the chassis of the 620, i was at autozone and found a MSD Coil Mount Bracket, that looked like it would work, you be judge !! Fits nice and I got a little more peace of mind)

34ef6c1a.jpg

Intake Piping (Found a cool flexible intake pipe to run across the engine bay, quick solution for now, thinking about doing a battery relocation in the near future)

6e5aadc7.jpg

Auto to Manual Swap ( Clutch Master cylinde also going in )

76d7d46f.jpg

8e5353d6.jpg

Thats it for now !! See you all soon!!

Wheels are turning. I have these laying around. What do you guys think? Muuuuaaahhhhhh!!!!!

KA24DE-T?

37f180d1.jpg

I think I would like one. :lol:

Updates!!!

Radiator Clearance (A little issue, fan wont clear with fan clutch but i think i resolved it)

Radiator Mounted (Hope this will cool the radiator, if not I will have to get a larger solution, seems ok for now)

2dad0208.jpg

Fuel Pump Mount ( I've been trying to figure out what to use to mount my fuel pump under the chassis of the 620, i was at autozone and found a MSD Coil Mount Bracket, that looked like it would work, you be judge !! Fits nice and I got a little more peace of mind)

34ef6c1a.jpg

Intake Piping (Found a cool flexible intake pipe to run across the engine bay, quick solution for now, thinking about doing a battery relocation in the near future)

6e5aadc7.jpg

Thats it for now !! See you all soon!!

I was able to run the fan on the engine bay side of the radiator with the fan not mounted. Make sure you get it spinning the correct way. :)

Gonna go pick me up that bracket, nice find.

...and I used the same flex tube, decent temporary fix :thumbup:

Nice to see progress :D

Thanks ]2eDeyE... If you need a turbo send me your address... Hahaha! They are both just laying around.... Yes the radiator fan is mounted and spinning in the correct direction.... Wiring the engine as we speak hope to turn the beast on at the end of the week... We will see though...

More Updates!

Now the fun part for me!! Did alot of work on the wiring last night.

Relay and Fuse Panel (Temporary/Permanent solution for my relays, not 100% sure what harnesses I can take out, so I'll leave most of it until I get a little more familiar with it)

350b6fda.jpg

5ffca636.jpg

f3878e5c.jpg

8f0ed127.jpg

Used some gator clips to hold the wires, saved the tips of my fingers after I soldered the wires together.

12c1e37a.jpg

Fuel Filter Brackets ( Well I guess the MSD coil bracket fits my Fuel filter also so I'll have to get a few more, they fit nice and you can adjust them to the diameter of the filter, FYI I have to different style filters)

2e02ae34.jpg

b7e8a79c.jpg

6a65d28f.jpg

Distribution Block (Ground leg, broke the one cool one that I had, but i did find a block screwed to my radiator that wasnt being used! )

ab03c5cf.jpg

0b55f8f4.jpg

12375182.jpg

Thats it for now!! I'll update again very soon!! I'm getting close to this getting done few more things here and there, but everything is going somewhat well so far!!

Thanks ]2eDeyE... If you need a turbo send me your address... Hahaha! They are both just laying around.... Yes the radiator fan is mounted and spinning in the correct direction.... Wiring the engine as we speak hope to turn the beast on at the end of the week... We will see though...

PM Sent! :D

More Oics and updates! I'm getting really close to putting fluids and starting this puppy up!! Haven't spent alot of time on it I have about 1 or 2 days a week to work on it for a few hours, but its coming along and hopefully i get to fire her up this week!! Crossing my fingers! :thumbup: So here we go with more updates:

KA24DE-T? possibly sooner than later!!

2b0d38f6.jpg

13a64275.jpg

Fuel Filter and Pump Install

c6c76a48.jpg

2b16f5fb.jpg

b0ca7aa9.jpg

Radiator Hose (Fit perfect!! I used a coat hanger to layout my angles and went to the local parts store and matched my coat hanger to the piping i needed! looks like it has been there!)

ba6e1c5e.jpg

AC Delco ( radiator hose )

4e2dfa4d.jpg

de8e8366.jpg

Ignition Coil ( Didn't come with mounting brackets? Oh well made my own)

db72a768.jpg

eaa8241a.jpg

9a0fccbf.jpg

287fcf22.jpg

MAF adapter ( went to my loacl Lowe's hardware store and picked up a 3" Fan Mounting Cover for a electrical J-Box it was $2.25 and it worked perfectly! I cut the rounded lip off so it didnt have an obstruction through the filter, sorry I am trying to do this the cheapest most inventive way)

171a7be6.jpg

Nice find on the radiator hose. :cool:

You can run that speedo cable down beside the motor and then over the transmission to clean that up a bit. Keep up the good work. :thumbup:

Edit: Do you mind if I use a couple of your pics in my motor mount ad?

lets go JCCS is right around the corner.Get er done

I'm not much of a car show guy, but i can always change! This community has definetely been an eye opening experience! So yea JCCS could be a possiblilty! gotta get her finished first though! hahaha!!

2eDeYe' timestamp='1342127707' post='717841']

Nice find on the radiator hose. :cool:

You can run that speedo cable down beside the motor and then over the transmission to clean that up a bit. Keep up the good work. :thumbup:

Edit: Do you mind if I use a couple of your pics in my motor mount ad?

Got it! and of course you can use those pics! if you need more I can always take them from different angles... let me know!

So dose that turbo manifold sit far enough forward for the turbo to clear the booster/master cylender assembly?

I will try to test fit it this week, haven't set the turbo in place yet, but i will and let you know... I think the only option will be a top mount manifold...

I will try to test fit it this week, haven't set the turbo in place yet, but i will and let you know... I think the only option will be a top mount manifold...

Test fitted the turbo and we will have some clearance issues, but well figure it out when the time comes to do the turbo install.

So a few updates, I finsihed the wiring but of course had some issues w/ how to wire in my truck harness to my starter and alternator, it seems like i shorted to ground and fried my large White/ Red stripe wire... I have been having some conversation with a few members and they have helped me greatly! Any input would be great heres the break down:

Ok so far I have a new wire going from the spade clip inside the cab to the battery + (does this feed the fuse box?)....

Batt terminal from the Alternator to the BATT + ....

Ground terminal for Alternator going to BATT -....

Yellow wire going to top spade clip on top of alternator....

White/blk wire going to bottom spade clip on top of alternator....( this is ignition signal?)

Starter + lug to BATT+.....

Starter solenoid to orange wire on Ecu....

If this is correct please help! I think this is about right....

dba9bb6e.jpg

4672649c.jpg

55c813c2.jpg

ba4b5668.jpg

a4c6c227.jpg

As she sits now:

a8084d85.jpg

Got a new pair of shoes for her too!!! Can't wait to paint them and put em on!! ( any suggestion on paint color? black? bronze? leave em alone?)

4a97564f.jpg

• Like 1

So, more wiring issues, but i did figure out my problem. I bolted my + lead on my alternator all the way down with no insulation between the alternator case and my spade connector ( This basically means i shorted to ground) so after OHMing out my wiring into the cab i found more wiring that was toast!!! , so i decided to do some investigating heres my findings:

Small white w/ Red stripe (ignition on, goes into the alternator TOP spade connector, field wire to light your CHARGE indicator)

Large White w/ Red Stripe

Large Yellow

Black

White (coming from one of the original truck relays)

All feed from the Positive terminal to a butt connector near the firewall, goes into the cab thru a BLACK wire that has a spade connector attached to it, this spade connector feeds the fuse box underneath the steering column and powers all the components in the cab (truck harness)

1b226c51.jpg

1e302198.jpg

085dfb6c.jpg

d9d96e03.jpg

8d1b7123.jpg

Charge and Brake light lit!!! Wooooohooo!!!

bcac5fcc.jpg

Now the only problem is I get prime from my fuel pump, but when the key is turned to START all i get it a click, so I am pretty sure it is my starter or my signal to my starter, so for now off to trouble shoot somemore... this is fun, but i want to start this damn thing already!!!!

• Like 1