1970 240z USDM 432

Got a few interior mods too. The seats are an incentive to stay skinny, otherwise I wont fit!

this is the only car I keep clean

lRmFo.jpg

these are the seats

ba7e8.jpg

I still need to get my exhaust built. And yes the first big thing I modified on this was a full sound system lol

a8W0P.jpg

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Since this is my project thread I'll throw in some pics I found of my car over time... starting around november since that's about when I got a new phone.

sometime in november

0VHtK.jpg

rear disc conversion & tokico suspension

ja39w.jpg

right as I began disassembling my engine. My old setup

bOjRV.jpg

I had my engine bay blasted and my dad painted it for me

Z6UL1.jpg

building my downpipe

iN8O7.jpg

External wastegate I see, I really need one of those my wastegate sits on the steering box.

What seats are those? and is that Giorgio Armani Acqua DI Gio cologne? haha

cologne's my friends, I've got diesel lol. The seats are some eBay brand, I cant remember what kind but I measured my cabin and then bought universal ones the right size. I love em! I did have to build some adapters with rectangular steel pipe to fit the rails on the stock seat-floor attachments.

External wastegate I see, I really need one of those my wastegate sits on the steering box.

Another eBay brand tested it before I installed it with compressed air. I also have a "universal" external wastegate adapter, but i modified it and ran long bolts through it as you can see. And I have three flanges I welded together as a wastegate spacer lol

altogether its pretty damn ugly, but its my first welding project ever so I'm still pretty happy with it. I welded in an O2 bung on the back side too.

6TTcw.jpg

I have those exact same seats, I hate them cause everyone has them though. kinda why I put seats I deemed more comfortable and cooler in my car, I really should pull thme out and get some photo's though.

So your CAS is working because the injectors are firing. put a volt meter to the signal wire and crank it over to see if you are getting any voltage from it from where it connects to the coil. If you get no voltage, try checking the voltage right next to the ecu on the same wire. Could be an old corroded out wire.

Digital electronics are never 12V, but usually 5 volts. So signals and inputs will be 5V or less. Usually less.

Check your factory service manual. What is the output signal supposed to be? Did this engine ever run as configured with the aftermarket parts and wiring that are in it now?

From what I was able to get of the FSM off of the xenons130 site I was not able to find what the signal output is supposed to be. And I am assuming it ran before, but the PO of my parts car supposely blew a HG and was rear-ended. I think he over boosted, especially since he only had the stock boost gauge but he was running manual boost control and a slightly bigger turbo. The car had sat for a few years before I bought it and pulled it apart, there wasnt any water in the cylinders so the engine got a rebuild. I'm also not sure what has been modified on the harness to use the MAF, dropping res, and ecu so i'm not sure what would happen if I hooked up a stock ECU, I emailed Jim wolf technology but they havent gotten back to me yet.

That sounds right. When cranking the signal will go off/on/off/on etc. So it will average less that 12V.

And it doesn't sound like an ECU problem, since the coil is getting a signal.

Have you tested the coil with the multimeter? Ohms check is in the Factory Service Manual.

Use the correct coil. "Slightly hotter" might damage the control module.

Bought a pertronix 3.0 ohm. Ordered it before you posted lol we'll see how it works if that's the issue. The PO was running a pertronix but I'm not sure what kind. It had a big dent in the side and the - stud snapped off so I couldnt use it. I dont think my ignition module is the problem since its a brand new pertronix 4 pin HEI module, I chose pertronix because they are supposed to be better than the stock, something like holding a spark to higher rpm than the stock HEI.

I'm not sure what my manual says, I havent gotten a chance to read it closley because this is my last week of high school and I was studying for finals. I did buy a cheap stock HEI module to make sure mine wasnt fried, tossed it on and no change so I think my ignition module is fine.

Ok upddate. You guys will hate me for this. Basically I got bored and finally made an aluminum plate to toss some heatsink on and bolt my HEI module to. I made it, installed it and now I get spark! Thats what I get for being lazy I guess...

Now I get spark, fuel, and air, yet I can't get it to fire up, it'll pop/fire every so often but doesnt actually fire up...

• iwayman changed the title to 1970 240z USDM 432