Carbon Fiber Hoods

Morrisun

Wondering what interest y'all would have in buying carbon fiber front body panels, hood, fenders, front valance and rear deck spoiler for coupes. Hood cost between $650- $750 each. Would have stock looking brace and hinge and latch mountings in place. Found a company in Vancouver Washington willing to produce parts, any interest??? Molds costs $1000's

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You can get glass parts from Les at Classic Datsun. He is probably too busy polishing Adam Carolla's gear shift these day though to bother with 1200 stuff.

FYI, Les and his crew don't actually make their fiberglass and carbon parts. They source it out to a local composites shop that does it for them. So their schedule is not keyed to getting the stuff produced. Just shipped. :P

Also, he offers all of their parts in either fiberglass or carbon fiber. They currently offer flares, hoods, trunks, lower valences, and "BRE" front spoilers.

I would love a carbon fiber hood, but $600-ish is my limit I think...

If you could make a carbon "late/facelift" 1200 hood, I'd go a lot higher for that... :cool:

mooneyesSCN2010-5480_nissanSunnyB110wagon.jpg

Well it looks like there isn't any interest in carbon fiber body parts, and Classic Datsun, well they kinda sorta maybe might be open/closed, home/away, but mostly non-responsive, yes that's it! At Canby only 2 guys showed any interest in parts, so I guess fiberglass will do, Classic Datsun you say....

FYI, not sure you'd want their carbon parts. Fit and finish of the stuff I've bought so far isn't "perfect". Most of it needed some body work to look its best. Which is a no go if you want the raw carbon look. If you're going to paint it, it'll be fine.

Their 1200 flares fit nicely enough to do in carbon, though. :)