1973 Corona MarkII wagon MX29. The saga is now complete. (2015 update)

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

nice benzo baller....I seen one of those this weekend ... thought hmmm that would be cute for my wife... um no...not on my salary...not on both our salary times 2.5.... nice cars those... id still take the wagons first ... nice parts car too.... oh scrolled to fast ... zeros huh....nice fit they look at home....check your pms...

Forgot to mention this. First thing I saw when I got it off the trailer. Thanks Joe! The magnet made the transport trip just fine but now its on my dash since I don't want anyone to steal it.

DSCF8117.jpg

I'm really liking this car. It is very reliable and I have been putting it to the test. For example, I had to install a new water heater last Friday. It fit with room to spare and the car put up with the stop and start running back and forth to the store that goes with any plumbing project. :)

where do u get one of those ... i collect refrigerator magnets...(dont ask i don't know either, how i got into this....)

I've been working on an older guy local to me that has one of these.. gotta thin the inventory first, though.

Nice! In good shape? All the good cars are up there. Both my wagons came from the Pacific Northwest.

• 2 weeks later...

...But That I6 Likes To Drink Gas

Yeah, not as good as the Datto but its one of the prices I pay to drive it. :cool:

Been whittling away at my to do list on the car. Did the front brakes a few weeks ago and it made a huge difference.

DSCF8217.jpg

Scored some unused Monroe air shocks from a friend that fit perfectly. Stiffened up the rear and lets me carry heavier loads.

DSCF8310.jpg

Its nice having an extra car laying around. I changed a couple rusty door handles out with clean ones.

DSCF8326.jpg

DSCF8327.jpg

Finally got my front plate mounted. I didn't want to use the large factory mount so I bent up these little brackets to convert the Japanese spacing to American.

DSCF8315.jpg

DSCF8317.jpg

I've been cleaning up the interior. I have all the good door panels now and they cleaned up quite nicely. Inside of the doors are in great shape too.

DSCF8328.jpg

DSCF8330.jpg

The headliner is nearly perfect.

DSCF8351.jpg

DSCF8352.jpg

Removed the back seat and cleaned up a little surface rust. Cleaned up the seat belts and put them back in.

DSCF8318.jpg

DSCF8319.jpg

DSCF8320.jpg

DSCF8321.jpg

DSCF8322.jpg

The next step is to put the dash back together, clean up the wiring and restore the center console. Then the interior will be done for now, except for front seat re covering.

DSCF8333.jpg

hey d, do u think next time u have one of those dr 20s off u can snap a pic of the inner center hub.....i really wanna make them fit a goon with minimal if not no rubbage...i have had success with milling ten mm off a center hub before and i think if i shave 6 mm off the rears i could tuck them with out heavy fender mods...as far as the front.. i have 280 's like u know and imagine they will fit fairly well no mods...but if i have to would consider taking some meat off the hub face too...its no rush...but i m trying to stay away from works.....if possible...found some similar ebay type with offset just not sure i wanna guinea pig a wheel mfg i never heard of before...

showed the wife your heritage vid ... she loved it but whats not to love...

thanks man....like the corona...by the way i got some corona guy back east number that is supposed to be a guru at parts and what not.....my friend putting the four door together just bought a bunch of stuff he couldn't find...carlyn dinkler.....north carolina 704-545-5261 email is cdinkler@bellsouth.net

says he specializes in everything 73 and pre

They seem to have a pretty thick hub area. I should have them off in the next few days and I will post up a pic.

At first I was gonna say,,,, I already have the wheels off and could take a pic ..... . but then I found some pics already taken ... :lol:

I saw a 15x7 +10 and +15 on ebay ... .. I swear it was 4x114.3 but now all I can find is 4x100 .... and zero offset 4x114's

... .. if you can get the offset you want in the right bolt pattern,,, machining a $90 wheel seems ridiculous

6906495380_15de799b3e_o.jpg

dr 20s are only in o offset for 4x114.3.... works sells them but not for 90.... like i said i saw a company on ebay making a similar in a offset too...i just fiigured since i can get machine work for free that i might just make a custom offset....pretty sue he zeros would fit my 280 struts but in the rear for as low as i want on a solid axle i will have to remove some material...no tmuch

I see Miles is in on the action. What car is he going to drive to H.S. ???

He actually wants an original Mini Cooper (or an F10 Cherry) but we've been doing a lot of bicycle commuting so he will probably ride his. :) We'll see what I have in the stable by then, he's a few years away. My daughter's 13 though and she has her sights set on my wife's 01 Civic. Every car we own is a stick shift so they will be one of the few of their peers to know a manual transmission.