Rusty panda 620 DD

So i got my 79 long bed 620 a couple months ago. I drive it 40 miles a day for work so progress is going to be really slow. But since i got it here's a list of what i've done. Cut off cat and put resonator on, replaced alt, starter, radiator, water pump and fan clutch, coil with a super stock coil. cap rotor wires and plugs, and rebuilt the carb. I'm sure there's more but i can't remember.

Next on my list is finish deliteing smog crap... or a 5 speed... or body and paint... or who knows.

Bascally i do stuff as it becomes nessisary or i just feel like it. Some of you have prolly seen it already but I thought I'd start a project thread.

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Got a couple things done on the truck today. Fixed the windshield spray nozzles and my exhaust leak. The pipe got pulled apart last week when a traffic cone caught the pipe.... It was in the middle of the road flattened And I put it down the center but I was too low and caught it haha. Then I messed with some wires and found a mess behind the fuse box.... Someone wired in the headlight switch in the scariest way possible. It's all melted and wrapped in electrical tape.... Gotta find the right one before I can drive at night again

• 2 weeks later...

Small update: packed my wheel bearings and doing temporary repairs to fix rust.... Battery completely collapsed the inner fender so temporary metal to hold it off the front tire haha and just today I let my dog out and looked over at my truck and as I was looking all the sudden a little smoke started comming out from under the hood then allot of smoke. I ran over and popped the hood and found a wire to one of my horns burning away and pulled it off then no more smoke... The coating rubbed off and shorted in the horn bracket right as I was watching.... I guess it's a true ratsun haha

Broke down yesterday and had to ride a tow truck home. From talkin to the guys in the 620 thread I think it's the rear end. But my wife says I need a different daily driver and my 620 will become just a project. So tomorrow after work I'm going to pick up a 90's toyota 4x4. Or a 83 Toyota 4x4. I always was a Toyota guy before I got my Datsun so I guess it'll be cool but there's something about driving a Datsun that just feels right. Well at least I can make more progress since I don't have to daily my 620 anymore

• 1 month later...

Well no Progress on my 620 yet... I got a 1998 Mazda b4000 as my daily driver then got layed off found a new job and moved twice. Now back to the normal swing of things and prolly fixin the 620 next weekend. But I make less money now so no funds to keep going with the Datsun so prolly going on cl after I get it back on the road... Sad but maybe someday when I have more money I'll buy a nicer 620 kc and be back to datsuns... For now my Mazda is nice and gets me where I need to go

Change of plans once again... 620 is going to be my daily driver again because my wife's subaru got totaled a few weeks ago and we need 2 running cars. so in the morning I'm picking up a new dif and putting it all back together. And while I'm motivated I'm gonna sand down the front fenders and spray some white primer on them so the at least kinda match for now.... and all the surface rust is getting sanded down and primed as well. it'll look great as long as you see it from a distance haha I'll put up a couple oic's when there's something to see