1970 521

Royal Sierra

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know someone who used to owen this truck here in portland. I would like to know some more info on it like where it went and i would also like to know if the curent owener cut those stupid shock towers off in the back that where added?

Since ive swapped the dash and turn signal lights ive had nothing but problems with electrical. I have no idea whats going on im pulling my hair out at this point. I cant keep having these elctrical issue and need a car and i already have a blown up chevy. I can get this to work. Im so tired of this. Im ready to sell this thing

Since ive swapped the dash and turn signal lights ive had nothing but problems with electrical. I have no idea whats going on im pulling my hair out at this point. I cant keep having these elctrical issue and need a car and i already have a blown up chevy. I can get this to work. Im so tired of this. Im ready to sell this thing

What are the electrical issues you are having? Have you tried looking at a RHD wiring diagram as it may be different to your LHD. 520 and 521 tailight lenses are the same. I have noticed in pictures the US tail lenses look longer than ours.

Dude if I gave up every time I hit a snag I would of blown my head off.I'm going through the same thing you are.my ignition stays on and I keep popping the blinker horn fuse.just slow down and check things one at a time.You will figure it out if it worked before then it something you did in the course of fixing the dash pad and installing new lights.

It's already up on craigslist for $1000.

More specifics on exactly what you changed and what your problems are now would help us to help you. Put the stock lights back in to start with. The harness wasn't designed for separate blinkers. I looked at doing that once before and I'm pretty sure you'll have to run at least one extra wire to each tail light to get it to work......maybe each front light too.

The '68 521 came with small tail lights like that.....that's why they market them as 521 lights. I have a set that I bought back when I first got a 521.....learned the hard way and they've sat on my shelf ever since.

i am doing the similar swap only 521 lower dash...(cause its got that awesome stamping in the meta)l and a 520 sheet metal top...powder coating both....stole the idea from phixius after he did both a 520 full dash swap...then i presented that a 521 lower would be cool since the stamping....and two weeks later, boom he had now i have to convince him to pull it back out so I can powdercoat them with mine....powder doesn't fill any of the stamping in the metal and in fact makes it stand out better....looks good so far keep up the progress...

oh and always start looking at electrical problems from a ground perspective.... saved me from chasing phantom electrical issues .....

and if this all started with those front blinkers then let me know cause mine were a bitch... such pieces of shit ... and rusty as hell after three years.... like rustier then my stock ones...and the lenses are all cracking at the seams....i ended up soldering a lead to the blinker housing and grounding at frame....i wish i would saved my 38 bux and bought rubbing compound to clean up old lenses...

update....those blinkers in my truck one stopped working a while back and i fear it to much to take it out and not just throw them away...pieces of shit...

edit ...if any one wants a set of those bluebirds side markers like above pic... u can have my set after the blinkers fiasco i said fuck that...im not cutting a fender to find out my lights are piles o shit...

I dont want to sell it but i have listed there unless i cant figure it out.. I will see what i can do with taking out a bulb on the new blinkers. I threw the old ones away as they were rusted to hell..should have just swapped lenses. I turn my signals on they stay on but flicker..then i hooked up just the new turn singals. Just Added 1 more bulb and now the turn signals dont work.